a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Frisky has a New home!

Started by Tjsmith68, July 31, 2018, 10:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjsmith68

I've been lurking on here off and on since last December. I've had a Precision 185 for 7 years. It has taught me quite a bit. For the last year or two, I've been interested in getting a small camp-cruiser/pocket yacht. This lead me to look at Com-Pac. I needed something that would allow me to raise and lower the mast on the water. I need to go under a bridge (or two) to get to the bigger water on Lake Lanier in North Georgia. Of Course, the Sun Cat was on a very short list. I stopped by my favorite dealer last Saturday and he said he had a very clean 2010 Sun Cat coming in for sale. Last week I did a ton of searches looking a various mods and advice on the Sun Cat. I came across some pictures of really good looking interior cabinets. I showed them too my wife. So Monday rolls around and my dealer calls. He sounds like his hair is on fire, "Tim, you've got to come see this boat! It looks new! ...no, better than new!" So we drive down there and I climb in. I take one look inside and look at my wife and say "it's that boat, the one with the cabinets."  To make a long story short, Frisky came home with me tonight. She will be sailing on Lake Lanier on a regular basis. I also plan to do some coastal camp cruising on the Georgia and Florida coast.

Tim

kahpho

I love that feeling when you find just the boat you're looking for.

Welcome and good luck.
'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

Bob23

Fantastic!! I remember meeting Frisky in person when I visited her owner Don in Florida. An incredibly talented and driven gentleman, his modifications were second to none! Congrats!!

Tjsmith68

Bob23, kahp ho,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. I look forward to learning a new style of sailing.

Tim

Salty19

Do a search here on Captain Nemo, the original owner of Frisky.  You'll see pictures, build stories and more.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

brackish

Welcome, you got a great boat.  Everything Don (Capt Nemo) did was first class.