a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

MINI_BASH_JUL_3-4

Started by K3v1n, July 01, 2018, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3v1n

So I told Lesa I'm thinking of taking Dory out Tuesday after work and spend the night anchored out somewhere, haven't decided as of yet. Tices or Gov'na House, depends how busy that area is. Maybe south to Conklin Island or north to Berkeley Island County Park or just north of Forked river mainland side.

-

-

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Hmm...interesting. We might have a family BBQ that night but now sure. Any of those places sound fine. Even Tice's is ok- with your deep draft we'll stay away from most of the yahoos!!

Finbar Beagle

Seaside has fireworks on the 4th.  May be worth staying out for.

We are staying north of the rt 37 bridge.  Wind has been too light lately, and powerboat traffic too high for enjoyable long sail to lower bay this week.

Replacing shear pin on prop today, not sure what, who, or when it hit something,  but
Prop was spinning like a drunk on Saturday, and we missed Lavalette fireworks, and blue claw stadium ones also.  Just enough friction left to make it into slip without help.

On a good note, my running lights are working, so now just need to convince admiral the 19 is comfortable to sleep on...
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Finbar Beagle

Correction, wind looks good for July 3-4 (especially afternoon thermals).

Still staying North of Seaside Bridge, but want to start planning next lower bay excursion.

K3v1n

I'm back to work on Thursday so won't be staying out for fireworks.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Finbar Beagle

Me too (work) but the fireworks look great from boat.  Can be back in slip by 11, home by midnight.

And yes, usual bedtime is before 9, and the occasional nap after dinner does not count.

K3v1n

Never been out sailing after dark!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

It's easy!  Just like the daytime but without the sun!
I can't make it. Went to sail today after work and encountered strange engine problems. Arrived at the boat to find the gas tank empty. Seems the heat expanded the tank, forcing all the fuel into the engine flooding the combustion chamber and crankcase with raw gas. Somehow it worked it's way into the cooling circuits too as I had raw fuel emerging from the cooling water exhaust port. Nice! The engine needs to be removed, oil drained and filled twice and barrel run test it out.

So far, this season of sailing has had more than it's share of problems!

K3v1n

That's a bummer.
I think this is how I cracked my fuel filter last year. Forgot to disconnect the fuel line.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

I talked to the marina owner and they've heard of lots of fuel issues related to this heat. From now on, I need to leave the vent cracked open. Don't have these issues rowing!!

lkm

Family and I going to try a Wed morn for an aggressive day trip -- hopefully on the water by about noon, then in eve (maybe 4-5 ish) anchor for dinner and swim, see if we can see the fireworks on the water, then come into the slip late (first time late night sailing), sleep on the boat and get up early to drive into work arriving a bit late on Thursday.  If anyone is still out Wed eve, I'd meet up.  I might even offer beer/wine or whatever we have to snack on (watch out for what the girls might come up with).
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on July 02, 2018, 10:00:20 PM
I talked to the marina owner and they've heard of lots of fuel issues related to this heat. From now on, I need to leave the vent cracked open. Don't have these issues rowing!!

Hmmm....glad i left the 16 with less than a full tank. Have not had such an issue yet and hope i don't. Not going to the boats this week as too blasted hot. We are spending time at almost 4,000 feet elevation. It is sill warm (high of 76 yesterday) but at least not so oppressive. It is weather like this which makes me say summer is my least favorite season. Come on fall!

Hope you guys have a great 4th regardless of where you spend it. Our country may have it's issues, don't we all, but at least our family is grateful for the opportunities and challenges we have. Gee, should we go to our boats or to our mountain.....we have no complaints, other than we agree with Bob that this sailing season has been less than spectacular so far. Hope you guys can carve time to come visit our little corner of the world for CBMSG. Meanwhile have included a pic of our place from the winter season so we can all think...cool thoughts!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Finbar Beagle

I love to night sail, but have a good spotlight/flashlight.  I need to shine into sail when I hear powerboat, and don't see it. 

Can't really say I go fast, at night, but my imagination is a good supporter.

K3v1n

Canceled tonight's sail, will head out tomorrow with Lesa. Might hit the Tiki bar tonight or just stay home in the pool.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog