Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

ComPac 16/3 SOLD!!!!

Started by JBC, June 01, 2018, 03:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBC

Hi All,

Getting ready to list my CP 16 for sale but thought I'd let everyone on this site know first. 1990 16/3 in good condition (have sailed it this year). Boat is in Denver, CO.

Original main is still good; two-years old 110% jib on CDI/2 furler. Life lines, cabin cushions (with slip covers), compass, tiller tamer, compass, foiled rudder plus original blade, lights, stern ladder, 46 lb. trolling motor with battery. Hutch trailer with CO title (CO does not title boat; registration is current). Some gelcoat crazing around mast step and small chips here and there. Will be asking $3250 when advertised, but willing to take $2750 firm here. Please PM me if interested. Pics sent on request.

Our next boat? 12' extra wide Old Town canoe. Too short to race for Bob's paddle challenge.

Thanks, Jett

carry-on

Seems like a low asking. Quite a few good to excellent 16s on the market. It is a sailboat! Most do not talk about sail age/condition; your ad does.
Good luck with the sale.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

Ken J

I agree price is way low :-)

JBC

Thanks for the comments, guys. This is a great site to float trial balloons.

Bob23

A very sweet deal, indeed. Tell you what, JB: we race- me in my guideboat and you in your canoe. If I win, you give me the 16. If you win, I'll take it off your hands. Such a deal! Act now...our operators are standing by!

JBC

Bob, now there's a fair deal if I ever saw one (which probably explains why I always pay more and sell for much less all the old boats I've ever owned). But tell the operators in this case not to hold their breath...

Wayne J

Don't talk to Bob--- Talk to me (Bob's cheap)!!!

Wayne
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Mas

Quote from: Wayne J on June 03, 2018, 04:15:24 PM
Don't talk to Bob--- Talk to me (Bob's cheap)!!!

Wayne

Wayne, you planning on starting a used Compac fleet! this ones in Denver so gunna be a road trip!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

JBC

I'm willing to drive 25 miles toward the east with the boat in tow for the right deal...

Mas

Quote from: JBC on June 03, 2018, 10:38:16 PM
I'm willing to drive 25 miles toward the east with the boat in tow for the right deal...

Heck Wayne or Bob, with the offer to save you 25 miles of driving, how can you say no! Maybe you guys otta just keep it there, Colorado is a fun state!

Good luck in the sale Jett. My son Peter has a good friend named Jett that lives in Colorado, you be him?
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

JBC

Don't think so, Mas. There are more of us around with my name than I once suspected. Must be the character James Dean played in Giant that started it, though in my case I preceded that film by over a decade.

Jett

Mas

Quote from: JBC on June 04, 2018, 09:30:59 AM
Don't think so, Mas. There are more of us around with my name than I once suspected. Must be the character James Dean played in Giant that started it, though in my case I preceded that film by over a decade.

Jett

Well Jett you have betrayed your age! Glad there are folks of my vintage or even a little older, as in your case, still out there sailing. You sure you wanna part with the 16? We sold our first one decades ago and regretted it just cuz they are soooo simple to use and soooo inexpensive to keep. I didn't sail for 25 years as a result. Thought at the time didn't have time for it. Mostly if you don't have a boat you won't make time for it!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

JBC

Thanks for the comments, All. Here's the ad. I adjusted the asking price upward a bit based on your advice. Thanks!

http://sailingtexas.com/201801/scompac16319.html

moc4

Wish I had waited a month and bought your boat!  I paid about the same for a 1981 with NO UPGRADES!  No ladder, original rudder, no stern rails, no life line, besides being 9 years older.  Someone is going to get a nice boat.

JBC

Thanks for your comment. After 24 hours, no hits, not even from scammers...things pretty quiet.

I owned an '80 and loved it. So, don't worry about what you paid or what it doesn't have in the way of extras...just get out there and have fun sailing it! You can decide what upgrades are really important in time, or trade up as I did twice to finally get a boat with those upgrades already installed. Who knows, I may still have mine for sale!