a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Wine Glass Rack

Started by slode, May 23, 2018, 09:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slode

For Christmas my wife received a really nice picnic basket set from a work gift exchange.  It included a full set of 4 dishes and silverware and nice looking plastic wine glasses.  Since we're not really the picnic in the part type she said "these would be great for the sailboat"  So we ditched the basket, stowed the plates, bowls, and silverware away, and I made a wine glass rack to hold the glasses.  I wanted to wait to post until the design proved itself through some time on the road and in the water, I'd say after our last outing it has proven to hold things secure even past a 20 degree heel and some pretty hard stops and bumpy roads.

Holes through the board are made about 1" dia less than the glass base and edge on top & bottom received a 1/8" radius with router.  Slot for stem made just wide enough to clear stem.  Mounted with stainless steel standoffs I had left over from a job at work.   When the boat is rocking they don't go a knocking.  They just sway about together gently. 

Declaimer:  Will not be held liable if anyone attempts storing glass glasses on this design....
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

Bob23

Very nice!! I have a strict rule aboard: no glass! Although I hate plastic wine glasses, I've decided they're better than broken glass!!