a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Restored Com-Pac 16 (SOLD)

Started by Tim, May 08, 2018, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

I am selling my restored CP16. It's a great boat and I love sailing it. Baby and moving away from the ocean is the driver for the sale. Here's my CL write up and a link:

Fully restored Com-Pac 16. The boat and the trailer were meticulously restored and cared for.
I had a daughter last year and like the stories of the boats I have bought in the past...Kpeting is not getting the use she deserves.
I sailed the boat for two seasons in Maine, NY, MA, and CT. I have sailed her in 30 kts with 8' seas and spent over a month sleeping on her (although not consecutively). I can testify that she is very seaworthy for a boat of her size and can easily be trailed by big car, crossover, or small SUV.
After an extensive restore the boat sails better, is safer, and is faster than she was in her original state. No corners were cut during the rebuild and every product I used was top notch. Interlux VC bottom paint, Epifanes topside paints, KiwiGrip non-skid, G-10 backing plates, and all 3M and West Systems adhesives/epoxy. The boat has been re-ballasted with lead and 5000 psi concrete to both lower the boats center of effort and New England proof the keel from taking on water and freezing. All sails (2 foresails and one mail) and lines were replaced when I finished the project.
There is no shortage of Com-Pac enthusiasts that will talk your ear off about the awesome characteristics of this pocket cruiser and this one reflects all of those and much more.
The trailer does not have a title - the boat has a transferable title. I will deliver her within a reasonable distance from Western Massachusetts.
Here is a link to an explanation of the project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72zNYOAWKkk&t=12s
Send an email or text. 

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/boa/d/com-pac-16/6583211504.html

Tim

Tim

She's sold and on her way to a peaceful island in Maine.