a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Over doing it.

Started by Rafici, May 07, 2018, 02:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafici

Howdy everyone.    Just checking in with currents projects.   Added 200watts of solar to the bimini, two 140 amp hour batteries and Isotherm 2057 SP ice box conversion just showed up before leaving for work, with out the thermostat. Called them up great customer service.

Reighnman

I'm just hoping my boat floats! Can you send a picture of your bimini? Looking at different options now. Where are you going to mount the compressor?
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Rafici

See if I can get a picture to work.   

wes

Didn't work, it's showing the dreaded Photobucket "you must upgrade your account" message.

I've converted to Flickr. Works in a similar way to Photobucket but free and no upgrade hassles.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Rafici

I haven't decided if I am mounting the compressor in the engine compartment, under the sink or under the steps just above the bilge.

Reighnman

That work space is awesome and must be massive! I'd be out there all the time, no wonder you want a frig!  I finally found someone at a "reasonable" price to fabricate a stern rail mounted bimini top. Now to just get the mast stepped so he can get final measurements.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Rafici

Mounted the compressor for the fridge under the steps. Just above the bilge. Had to fad a simple shelf for it to sit on.  First trip to Lake Superior was a good time. Was one morning where the winds were not the predicted 15-20knts rather 30-35knt with 7-9' waves.  Reefed main running broad reach ...That got exciting ...   other wise the solar was amazing the fridge was great and the fishing was ok.   Oh and some trurd stole one of my dinghy oars at Joni's beach on Madeline island.