a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Sail for Suncat

Started by sjaffess, April 25, 2018, 03:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaffess

I would like to purchase a new sail for a Suncat.  Can anyone recommend a good sailmaker that they have dealt with.  I did see someone who had a sail made for their Suncat that was a little oversized without changing the size of the boom.  It definitely made their boat faster.  Any help would be appreciated.

rogerschwake

Bought a new sail for my Sun Cat in 2013 from Mack Sails for $990. I'm not totally satisfied with the fit on my boat, it leaves a large wrinkle where the gaff connects to the mast. Didn't get a hold of them to repair this problem. The sail other than  this problem has held up great. Have no idea what the price would be today and would think they could fix a problem like mine.

ROGER

alsantini

Hi Roger.  I will second Mack Sails.  I bought a set of sails last year through Com Pac which were Mack.  On my previous boat, a P-21, I bought directly from Mack (main and Genoa).  In both cases they fit perfectly, were delivered on time with follow-up.  Both boats had worn sails so the difference was dramatic.  Getting ready for Carlyle Lake?
BTW, I have been remiss in not saying thank you for the leather belt strip for my outboard.  The suggestion to follow your lead was fantastic.  The Nissan now stays put without all the bungees that I was using when you saw it at Carlyle.  Thanks.  Al