Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Eclipse #23 is now sold

Started by Vectordirector, February 17, 2018, 04:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectordirector

Hi all,

My 2005 Eclipse is officially for sale.  Found a need for speed so I am buying an old Corsair 24 locally. 

About the boat:  Currently in Punta Gorda, FL.  2005 Eclipse hull #23.  2005 6hp 4 stroke Suzuki 20" shaft, little use (I can motor out in 10 minutes and be ready to raise sails), full service with new impeller/spark plug/fluids in 6/17.  2x 3 gallon fuel tanks.  Bottom painted with Petit SR-40 and boat buffed and waxed 6/17.  New centerboard line 10/17.   Complete new rudder system from factory 6/15.  Original main and jib in good shape. Spinnaker new, never out of box.  Teak treated with Cetol.  Needs touched up.  Otherwise, boat is in great condition.  Bottom cleaned monthly.  Boat is in my backyard in the canal and ready to sail.  I had her out today. 

Options:  swim ladder, bimini, mainsail cover. tiller cover, motor mount, fabric interior cushions, cockpit cushions, porta potty with hold down, electrical system with 12V DC plug in cabin, navigation lights, cabin light.  Sink, 5 gallon portable water tank, glomate portable stove. Mast raising system/boom vang, Simrad tiller pilot, forespar telescoping tiller extension, mainsail jiffy furling system, 11lb claw anchor, bow roller, hawser pipe, 150ft. rode and 6ft. of chain.    Battery is 3 years old and probably dead. 

No trailer.  Mine was destroyed last week while in storage.  Gulf Island Sails in Punta Gorda lists the trailer @ $3000. 

Putting this up here first and if no bites she'll go to sailboatlistings.com and then to the broker.   Title in hand.   Priced to sell @ $14,500 for my friends here, she'll be more with a broker.  New ones equipped the same are $35K. 

Reply here or private message for contact information.  I can email or text pictures. 

Vectordirector aka

Bryan

2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Bob23

Best to you in the sale, Bryan. If I'd ever move from my classic 23, the Eclipse would be very high on my list. During last years Barnegat Bay Bash as Allen and I sailed neck and neck in quite high winds, I was impressed with her speed and handling!
Bob23

Vectordirector

Thanks Bob.  She's a great boat but it is time for something more challenging while I am young enough to enjoy it.  The corsair has been speaking to me ever since I got to sail one about 15 times in 2014.  I finally found one close, ready to sail, and reasonably priced.  When I've had enough of her I'll get a SunCat. 

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Bob23

Slight thread theft here but before my 23, I owned a Seapearl 21, rare centerboard model. I contemplated sending her down to Marine Concepts (the builder) for a trimaran conversion but I bought the 23 instead. But the thought of sailing at 12 knots will always be appealing.

Vectordirector

Hi all,

I have replaced the furler with a new CDI FF1 and had a new uv cover put on the jib.  Boat is now listed on Sailboatlistings.com.

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/71331

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

paydirt

If you ever bring the corsair to Anna Maria Island, let me know. I have always wanted one of those. I sail my CP 16 around here
1987 Compac 16 MKII
"For Snooty"

Vectordirector

Bump to the top for any new interested peeps.  Price is negotiable. 

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Vectordirector

thank you all for your support.  #23 is now sold to a nice couple from Miami.  He's trying to figure out how to get the boat moved over there since I don't have a trailer and he's not sure if he wants to buy one.  Anyone around S Florida have any contact with boat movers or trailer rentals?  He would be ok renting one if he can find one that works to get the boat across the state. 

Help appreciated,

Vectordirector aka

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Yamaha33410

I'll help him run it accross the state through the canal/lake if he wants

im in palm beach area...
1981 Compac 16

-West Palm Beach, FL

Vectordirector

thanks for the offer, I'll let him know,  not sure I'd want to do that trip at 5 knots :)

Vec
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold