a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP 16 on Craigslist in NJ

Started by Reighnman, October 17, 2017, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

Kevin, I will follow your lead on the tow boat, but do keep in mind the camera angles.  I think America's Funniest home videos still pays, and you, Bob, and sad CP 16 should be good family viewing (errr...may need to mute sound)

Good plan to scout first. 
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

Thanks for the offers of help but I'm going to have to pull the plug on this venture. The more I look at the logistics the more I get stressed. It's sounds like a good deal but too invest the time right now is not practicable....and as they say; there's always another boat.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Wayne J

Ill send you guys a case of PBR to help with this project!!!

Wayne

(Cheaper)
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

5monkeys

Hey Kevin,
    Have you spoken with the seller at all? If you are out, I'll try to call him today. I could head up that way this weekend, but I need to know that the trailer is solid enough to make the trip to VA, and if it isn't road ready what does it need.

Keith
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

K3v1n

I have no information on the trailer. The tricky part is the boat is still in the water and has to be removed by the purchaser. That means finding the nearest ramp and a way to get the boat there. No motor and only jib sail. So I'm out.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

tmw

There are plenty of marinas on the lake:
http://lakehopatcong.com/lake-hopatcong-marinas.html

and I'm sure Bob would like to work on his rowing, just don't call it a paddle ;)

As for the trailer, one could always bring one to ensure road-worthiness.

Bob23

Kev, you're out? I didn't even know you were at bat!!
If the trailer doesn't have the proper paperwork, that's a deal breaker for me. Everything else is just $$. Whatever that is!!

K3v1n

Yeah I'm out.....caught looking. lol
I don't really have the time to invest in this right now, too much going on.
I feel more relaxed already saying 'No To The Boat'. ;)
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

Quote from: K3v1n on October 25, 2017, 06:52:21 PM
Yeah I'm out.....caught looking. lol
I don't really have the time to invest in this right now, too much going on.
I feel more relaxed already saying 'No To The Boat'. ;)

The older i am the more that not carrying projects on my shoulders or brain is the least expensive way to go for many reasons. Measuring by dollars is not always the best approach, clearly necessary but it not always yields the best result.

Hugs to all up there.......
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

With all the rain we just had I'm sure this poor boat has now sunk. :/
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

5monkeys

I tried reaching out to the seller last week, was willing to go try to rescue it Sunday, but couldn't get any two way communication going with him. He sent me a note that the mast had fallen in the water and was 20 feet down.. not sure if it had been rigged at the time or not.. communications only led me to more questions with no answers.   If she isn't sunk yet, I expect it's one hard freeze away.
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

Bob23

Wayne J

CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

crazycarl

come on bob!

according to the ad, it's only 16 inches, should be easy to bring home!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bilgemaster

I've already got my one resurrected CP-16 "Foundling" under my belt, but as I'm sensing some sort of "Virginian Contingent" of fellow Commonwealth dwellers that may form up for some sort of rescue mission north, I'm becoming more and more interested in that wee Jersey Girl's fate.  Don't want her myself, don't need her, got mine...Just interested and willing to help, if I can.

Most of all, I'd like to see some pix of her, but it sounds like either the owner's a flake, is too busy to work with those reaching out to him, or simply doesn't particularly care.  If he's got a lakefront home on Lake Hopalong-Cassidy, or wherever, then my hunch is that the fate of some $150 obo micro-hulk that's sort of besmirching his dock might be about equal to my level of concern over those crumbs in the toaster. I mean, I know I really oughtta clean them out, but then again they don't exactly keep me up at night. Small potatoes.

But yeah, if it comes down to some grand expedition north from hereabouts, I've got a bullet-proof Mercury 2½ horsepower motor that'll handily push that gal to the ramp.  I've also still got that nice perky 12V bilge pump with the LONG hose that I used to pump out my own gal's belly, along with a bunch of other needful crap for the circumstances to lend if it comes down to it...as long as I get it all back without fail and without damage.