Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Brackish Keeping Boat in a Marina

Started by gmerrill, September 27, 2017, 10:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmerrill

Brackish
I enjoyed keeping the boat at a marina.  I may go back to a marina for a few months out of the year. If a storm comes, I have plenty of time to get the boat back to my house so I don't that would be in violation of the policy if it's at your home when the storm comes in. One of thing I do like about keeping it at home is the little maintenance you can do without driving a hour and half for a 30 minute job. But it's sweet just driving up. Throwing the ropes off and your gone. It requires more maintenance being around the saltwater. Where do you primarily sail. I'm gonna take me a 3 day trip sometime. I may sell over to Pensacola.
Greg

brackish

Where do you primarily sail

For the last three years I've been on Bay Springs Lake exclusively.  Prior to that I towed to Mexico beach FL and did the BEER cruises for several years in Pensacola.  You might consider that.

Know what you mean about having the boat close for maintenance.  Bay Springs Lake is 40 minutes from Tupelo where I live and a lot of maintenance gets postponed because of that.   When I lived in Gulfport and kept my boat in the marina there it was much easier to keep up with the maintenance.  What I do now is let it pile up and then tow it home for a month or so for a concentrated maintenance session which would include a bottom job.

gmerrill

My brother and I have sailed in the BEER cruise a couple of times some years back and the FLA 120.  We
enjoyed doing that.  I get lazy and pull over to one of those nice restaurants and get me something to eat.
I'm not much of outside chef.  Not much of a inside one either
Greg