a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Masthead light

Started by Brian Driscoll, July 18, 2017, 01:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Driscoll

I am looking for a replacement masthead light for my 1991 CP 16 lll. It is a Guest model 314-A. Thanks

carry-on

One on Ebay, about $29 with shipping from Michigan.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

tmw

Do most people have a masthead light at the top of their mast, or along a rail somewhere?  I had thought about the top of the mast, but then having all the wiring runs when raising or lowering the mast seems like a lot to mess up.

kahpho

I would just point out that a masthead light in any other location just wouldn't be a masthead light.  :)
'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

Brian Driscoll

Thanks for the replies.The masthead light on eBay was sold 2 years ago according to the seller. Why is it still listed on eBay ? Go figure. At any rate, my 1991 Com Pac 16 lll came with a Guest 314'A masthead light with light and strobe. Plastic body is broken. Possibility of repairing it with JB Weld or? Concerning having a masthead light on a CP 16. The wiring simply runs up the inside of the mast. Only 1 screw on connection on the cabin top. Easy to connect/ disconnect when stepping the mast.

Short Sale

The guys at Hutchens usually have exactly what I need.  Call them.  (727) 443-4408

I just got a great looking mainsail cover from them.

George

PS: I wanted to post a photo under the new method.  What do you think?
1987 Com-Pac 16/II #2454