a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Flapper yes, Gallery NO!

Started by Craig Weis, December 24, 2006, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Weis

Well as usual I followed the instructions that I printed...on how to place photos on the CPYOA gallery and you know what?...I failed to sucessfully up-load. Over and over to load a single one. Even with the pop-up blocker turned off. I made a gallery folder but can't fill it. I also see others have done the same thing. I guess I'm just dumb.

But I had zero problem loading photos on to Flapper as we have a link to flapper under the main page.

So what gives? skip. The old wayof loading pics won't work either.

I think I'll send you the prints in the mail and you can up load the little darlings! Merry Christmas.

owlsnest34@hotmail.com    thanx.

crbakdesign

Hi Skip!

How's winter in the far north?

Guess I'm not following you about the flapper.  If you're still having problems posting send me an on-line email and maybe we can sort it out.  We'll be updating the links page shortly and removing the link to the old gallery.  All of these images are now in the new gallery, without the bizzare text some scum added to the old pages.

Craig Weis

The Flapper's are the photos I added to the link that is under the home page for this fine CPYOA site.

That loaded up easy. When I tried to do the same for the gallery site I'd watch the loading process go for over five minutes and then a error message about not having the photos loaded. I did not mean to sound too upset about these photos not loading. Foregive me?

I tried one at a time and five at a time. But no way could I add any photos to the album that was established. May be the bite/photo is too large to load. But it worked for the 'flapper business. skip.

Craig Weis

Oh I just tried again and zero up loads were successful and by the way it's sleeting outside. Not good for sailing LOL. skip.

mgoller

Hi Skip,
I have enjoyed your posts.  I love Night Sailing with soft music and hot chocolate.  I like it better if it isn't too windy though.  I like just lolling around.
Anyway, I just went to the gallery, I hit "upload photo", then clicked "browse".  I scrolled through my photo library folder and found a jpeg about 720 X 600 wide, 277kb.  Clicked on the upload.  I'm on dial up and it took about 20 seconds.  Then I clicked on continue and then titled it.  Clicked OK, and there it was.
Now, I'm sure this is what you've been doing too.  So it may be your photos are too big or they are not formatted as jpegs. 
I prep photos as jpegs and size them to 700 pixels wide first, and then put them in a folder marked "resized compac photos"  Then when I use the browse I don't have to fuss where or what to find.
I'm sure you're sick of trying so here is another way.  Email your pictures sized to 700 wide jpegs to me and tell me where you want them posted.  I'll get them in there.
Also in doing that I may find the trouble.
mgoller@espressoroyale.com
I'm not worried about my email address.  Every spammer in the world has already found it.
marcus

Craig Weis

Captain Marcus, you are the man!
Here is the answer to my up-load problem
I needed to resize the picture to a smaller and more manageable j-peg size. Just as you have been saying for all eternal.
And I just figured out how to do that re-sizing thingy with the software I have loaded in my machine to process my scans...eureka!! skip.
Now let's go to the pictures and find that puppy. It should be a picture of my deckhouse, stern view with chartplotter 'on'.