News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking for pictures of Single handed setups.

Started by Mattlikesbikes, July 15, 2013, 09:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Salty:
   Just spoke with Gerry...your HC diesel is waiting for you. He'll deliver it to your door, if you'd like.
   I knew that bucket was authentic...just testing you. Hope I didn't insult you! I may upgrade from my Tamer to the Clutch you have. But I have a question: Do you use your winches for other than just holding things? You know, they do go around and around...
Bob23

Salty19

That's great news about the cat!!!  We'll sure miss Island Time, she has become part of our family. But I know Gerry will take good care of it, and could probably visit her whenever in the area.  Maybe he'll rekindle the winches real function, saving them from a unrewarding life of holding a bungie cord and a block. And the poor port side winch...doesn't even have a bungie to hold  :'(

Billy, I'm sure you're right.  Lord knows I'm guilty of saying the wrong thing sometimes. Skip, good advice. A longer halyard can also help raise or lower the mast.

In all seriousness, as for the genoa sheet routing and tall cam cleat, I'm telling you guys...it works great!!  I would not change a thing except move the cam cleat aft slightly.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

skip1930

I have never had much luck with these Harken jam cleats on angled pedestals I put on backwards holding the head sail sheet in a stiff breeze. If it weren't for the holes in the cockpit combing I would take them off. I use the cleats.

skip.

It's because of the sheet angle. Since the sheets point up, something needs to keep the line pointed down or horizontal.
The winch blocks keep the angle correct so there is no slippage.