a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Official 2011 Com-pac Carlyle Lake, IL Rendezvous info

Started by Salty19, January 21, 2011, 06:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

Carl and Joan-  Sounds good, we are looking forward to meeting you guys.
We can probably accomodate the boat renaming ceremony at a raft up.  It would be an honor.  Just need to find a virgin willing to pee on your bow.  Hmm...that could be an issue!!

rwdsr--Thanks for the confirmation.  Should we count on you both at the BBQ and winery as well?

Greene--Definitely do not forget the Brandy Slushes!    We'll have a colorful fleet of boats there this year-that is for sure. (one blue, one teal and one ???).
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

cant wait until august. eleven boats will rule the lake and even a mothership (the 22). the lake is still way up with the only ramps in use being keysport and the high water ones. im sure it will be fine by middle of next month although i think the  raft up will have to be in the same location as last time. to the newcomers---we know you wont be sorry. i know the price of gas sucks especially for those making a long trip. we will do our best to ensure a memorable trip. in regards to the "pink thing". i wear my "prized" shirt pretty often but i havent had a fight yet. helps to be big and ugly i guess. anyone that needs advice or help call me at home (618) 588-3889. maybe one day i will actually sail my 16.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

larrysimonis

Will be starting work on hull#59 this Friday. (Launch day for the restored Guppy 13 is Thursday). Try to be there, but don't know which boat will be behind the car.

Salty19

Larry, glad to hear you're considering the event.   Good luck with the restoration..these boats are absolutely worth refurbishing.

kickingbug1

looks like carlyle lake will be at normal pool come rendezvous time. i got the word that all the ramps are open and the docks in place. sadly i havent had time to sail. a little tip ---dont build a house bigger than you want to paint. finished the bedroom today so maybe sailing this week might happen.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Salty19

This event is shaping up nicely!    There will be roughly a dozen boats coming at this point..more may follow.  We've bypassed the fleet stage and are entering armada territory!

There was some discussion earlier about inviting other boats.  Has anyone done this? (ie the trailer sailor forum or other means)?

crazycarl

i mentioned it to a sailor from st. louis, and he remarked that he would meet me there with his starwind 19. 
he didn't specify how many days.

i could mention it on the trailer sailors organization's site if you'd like.

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Salty19

Carl-  Sure go ahead and post it on the trailer sailor forum.  The more the merrier!

Because kicknbug needs to have a count of folks for the winery and BBQ, I need for any new attendees to email me at islandtimesail at gmail dot com for reservations for these two events BY JULY 15, 2011. No reservation=no winery seating or BBQ.  All other events are "open" to anyone who shows up without reservations.

Everyone that has confirmed thus far is on the list.  However new attendees need to email me.

kickingbug1

mike, thanks for taking care of the attendees list. i will check (probably tomorrow) with the winery. there might be a cost for reserving a private room so i might have to pass the hat. but it shouldnt be much. if that is the case i will post the amount here. to all attending i would like to know who will be using the ramp at hazlett and who is staying at west access marina. i figure that we should try and sail together on saturday which would mean that the west access sailors would sail north and the hazlett sailors sail south, (that time of year the winds are mostly out of the southwest)  as soon as we all get together we can proceed to the raft up site near the south shore swimming area (same as last year). i can provide three radios if needed. for those sailing friday, we try to get together (using the radios---and of course keeping an eye open for the best looking boats on the lake. everyone needs to give themselves enough time to return in time for the meet and greet at the winery. last year the wind was down friday morning and didnt get good until later that afternoon. as to rafting up, the lake should still be pretty high in august so a party on the beach probably wont happen. bring something to float on (couple of noodles work just fine) and a good hat. i might bring an umbrella this year to put in the cockpit at anchor. past attendees will have other good advice.

Salty19

Attendees-

Fantastic event!!!  Steve, thanks again for being hostmeister.  Couldn't have been any better!

Please don't forget to send me your best pictures of CLR2011 for the DVD. 
The more pictures you send the better the DVD will be.   

So far I have received pictures from Greene (excellent pics, thank you!).  Email them to "mcarpent at columbus dot rr dot com"
or post them on photobucket and send me the link to your album. 

Kick...can you get in touch with Cal about this and forward my email to him?  I don't have his info (address and email)...thanks.

Also Carl, I need your home shipping address.

Fair winds,  Mike and Becky

kickingbug1

Mike,
  I put our pictures on Photobucket.  The link is http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/sbender8/. Hopefully, you can find them.  (I can't figure out how to link them to a post. ) If you can't-I'll try email.

Sarah