a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP16 sails into wind better without jib

Started by jpfx, September 08, 2009, 07:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.Hart

Sails are definitely the final link of my restoration. My main is new(3 years old) but it is not a "COM-PAC" sail. I had not thought about the air going through the sail but it makes sense since it has the texture of toilet paper. I have notice that the sail does not have a consistent shape when sailing,    BILL

jpfx

I have had the opportunity to run the jib sheets inside the side stays. It didn't make any appreciable difference with my ability to head into the wind.
I'm going to accept that with the canvas I have currently; that's the way it is.
The boat is now in the garage for the forseeable future. I intend to clean, repair and restore in preparation for dealing with 3 foot-itis next spring.

kickingbug1

nies, i just ordered a new mainsail for my 81 cp16 and am hoping that i have the same results as you
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

nies

kickingbug1, trust me you will, the only good news this time of year is the spending of money on next springs dreams and"dreamboat".