a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Bimini canvas replacement

Started by Renae, April 18, 2021, 11:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectordirector

My 2004 Eclipse bimini appeared to come from JSI, Inc, St. Petersburg Fl.  I believe they were the supplier to Hutchins for a very long time.  JSI is now  https://www.islandnautical.com.  They may have a pattern and help you. 

Good Luck!

Vectordirector

2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Bub

Quote from: Renae on June 21, 2021, 02:21:20 AM
I talked to CPH last week, seeing if they did replacement canvas.  They did not.  Knowing that they outsourced the bimini work, I asked who they used, hoping to get a new bimini made to fit the Suncat bimini frame.  They said, "we have a supplier in St. Petersburg."  Crickets afterward, and no response when I asked who it was.

I asked how he thought I, a long way from St. Petersburg, should proceed.  I was told to find someone to make a new cover locally or else I could buy the whole thing, frame and all, from them for $600+.

I may not have been clear earlier. I have a complete Bimini and frame in good to excellent condition. It came with my SunDay Cat that I bought used a couple of years ago. If you think it will fit your SunCat I?ll be glad to donate it to you if you figure out how to ship it and cover that cost.

Renae

Quote from: Bub on August 03, 2021, 11:21:05 PM
I may not have been clear earlier. I have a complete Bimini and frame in good to excellent condition. It came with my SunDay Cat that I bought used a couple of years ago. If you think it will fit your SunCat I?ll be glad to donate it to you if you figure out how to ship it and cover that cost.

Thank you for that kind offer.  I have replaced my sail and sail cover within the last year and want to keep the bimini on the color scheme.  Style points. 8)

I will get new canvas on my current frame in September or October when the sun angles are lower.

Christopher

Renae,
  I ordered a bimini replacement cover today for my Suncat.  My bimini is made by Westland.  I determined the maker by looking at the underside of the cover in the back.  There are two tags sewn into the seam.  One tag is small and it says Westland on it.  The other tag is much larger and it has the name "3 - BOW Bimini Top & Boot with a lot number and part number and material name of Forest Green Sharkskin.  I went online and found the Westland website and then called them and ordered it.  I upgraded to the Sunbrella material because supposedly it is much better than the Sharkskin and has a 10 year warranty versus 5 year.  It cost $268.13 which included shipping.  This is my early birthday present.  My current bimini was quite worn out and the mice in my barn must find the material just right for them because they have chewed some pretty good size holes in it recently for their nest material.