a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Whose up for the North Channel?

Started by crazycarl, November 24, 2017, 10:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

Well,  your well-founded CP19 Miss Adventure sure lives up to her name, and you lived to tell another tale.

All this misadventure gives you plenty of stories for the grandkids.

We're all praying the curse didn't infect Chris and Roger.   Or is it (gasp!) inheritable?

P.S. Glad the mighty Mack didn't commandeer any trailer or boat parts. Just a dinghy commandeered in Michigan.  I think we should be able to daisy chain it back through members in the forum. Talk about Good Karma...
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

brackish

well to be honest, i did omit a few things, but only to keep the narrative short.

so, as past CLR attendees can attest to, not bad for a two week trip.  i've had more mishaps in a weekend trip and certainly more during CLR, and many of those were within view of "credible" witnesses.

Thanks for this additional information.  I was concerned that the earth had tilted slightly on its axis.  Now I know all is right in the universe.  Particularly since you did put "credible" in quotations when describing those that had reported on past events.

Hindukush

Hi I just bought 2006 Sun Cat. I was actually reading today this article about the North Channel.

http://smallcraftadvisor.com/our-blog/?p=3388

I am in Florida so alittle to far me but it really does look beautiful up there.

soilgod

I may be dating myself.  Have cruised the North Channel in a Com-Pac 16, with a fleet of 6 other 16's and a few 19's.  This all happened in the 1980's.  Used to be a group, Midwest Com-Pac Association, based in the Detroit area.  I still have extra burgees.  Launched from Spanish.  Watch out for the mosquitos at sunset.  Spanish to Little Detroit, Boulder Bay, Oak Island, Clapperton Island, Little Current and most liked, the Benjamins, pink sand beaches surrounded by rocky but safe anchorages.  A fold out rock anchor a must.

In years since have returned in larger boats, but in that case, you spend more time looking out for rocks.  The Com-Pac is the vessel to use.

This should be on the bucket list for any Com-Pac owner.

You will not be disappointed.

Still own my 1981 Com-Pac, along with several board boats and a C&C-38-3.

Tim Gardner

Welcome Soilgod!  Can I shorten your handle to All Powerful Dirt?  Glad to see you finally posted here.
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

soilgod

Thanks Admiral Tim.

I have a great history with the Com-Pac.  My kids grew up weekends somewhere on the 16, they in the berths, Mom and Dad under a pup tent in the cockpit,  Good times.  Just use Soilgod, there is a story behind the nick name.  Dirt is what you get under your fingernails.

My best to you and the others.