a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Lifelines and stanchions?

Started by Cuttyhunk, May 17, 2018, 07:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectordirector

It seems to me that they built quite a few from 2004 -2008ish.  Then during the "great recession" production slowed down and Hutchins and Co. did what they had to do to survive, basically going build to order.  Unlike many others, they are still going strong.  They are really a custom builder at this point.  If they can do it they will.

I don't know if they started sales with hull #1 but mine is a 2005 and #23 so they were busy the first two years at least.

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

alsantini

Wonder what hull number Greg has.  I think his is less than a year old.  Last year sometime a Hobie sailed past me on Pistakee and the sail number was over 100,000.  So, I guess they are building a few more than the Eclipse. LOL
Al

TedStrat

I know I have #71 (at least I think so). That was 2014. Based on the 2 p/a average of captronr we would be at about 77 by now?
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

slode

Ron,

I just noticed you had asked for a picture of the midship cleat placement.  Mine are just behind the aft porthole.  I was told this was the same location the stanchions were originally placed.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

captronr

"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

waterwheels

Ron,

Sorry, haven't figured out posting pictures since photobucket took away that option. A mid-ship cleat is just that a cleat in the middle of your ship. The main purpose is to tie spring lines which keep your vessel from moving ahead or back when tied to a dock. With only a bow and stern cleat there is nothing keeping the boat from moving in those directions. You could also tie a fender to it but it has nothing to do with life lines. Hope this helps.

Also bought my Eclipse new in 2014 but will have to get back to you with hull number. She appears to be the only one in my area for sure maybe even the only one in Ontario?????
Don