a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Free Boat 20' 1977 RK 20

Started by Tim Gardner, December 10, 2013, 05:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip1930

I like the ladder leaning against the boat. Same one I have at the aeroport for window washing up in the vaulted ceilings. But who lets the ladder lean against the hull possibly scratching it. How disrespectful. Of course I jest. I like the pop-up overhead.
On second look this boat has lots of potential. It's kind of cool.
The trailer is interesting, hanging the boat from just the hull bunks. NO support for the keel. Very interesting. Do we need keel bunks? What about the hull 'oil canning' and denting?
That's a sturdy looking compression post. No bow vee block on the trailer and interesting extending trailer tongue. Don't stand on the brakes!

skip.

Tim Gardner

Skip

There is support for the keel - one roller.   I was leery of the no V block for the bow. There may have been one once, but the trailer was seldom used, if ever.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

capt_nemo

Always thought the flush deck near vertical cabin side design quite practical in a small vessel, in that it adds quite a bit of interior VOLUME (for living and storage) as well as COMFORTABLE SITTING HEADROOM. Side walkways on a small boat really impact the interior volume available in the cabin.

Formed this opinion years ago when I first saw and sailed a friend's Ensenada 20 up close and personal at our Marina.

I'm sure she'll clean up quite well and fully agree that the MASTHEAD Rig is a big PLUS if you appreciate the value of various headsails as I do.

capt_nemo

riggerjohn

Tim Gardner

Bump - This boat is still available
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Citroen/Dave

I'm checking with my son.  Back to you soon.
Dave

'87 ComPac 16/2  "Keep 'er Wet" renamed "Slow Dancing"

Tim Gardner

Dave, I still have your 50k race shirt.  This is sailing seaon here on SML.  You should drive over to my place some windy afternoon & we'll do some river sailing (tack practice).

TG

Citroen/Dave

Thanks Tim,

I want that shirt.  I hope to be a bit more mobile next week.  The Lake is beautifull this time of year.  I'll check in with you next week about posibilities.  The Delaware River looks cold and not very clean . . .

Dave
'87 ComPac 16/2  "Keep 'er Wet" renamed "Slow Dancing"

Chris D

Hi Tim,
Is this boat still available? Is it sailable?
Thanks,
Chris
"Ojos" Com-pac 16 #540,