a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Cruising the Abacos

Started by cw021382, April 21, 2015, 05:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomeng55

Chris....   I agree... a 3 way call is a great idea.

I clicked your link and ordered from the same place.

Tom

Tom L.

I would contact a long term storage area. They usually do RVs, cars and trailers as well as renting lockers.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

frank

Quote from: cw021382 on April 23, 2015, 01:41:16 PM
We really should do a 3 way call so Frank does not have to go over everything more than once.  Tom, where did you order from? 

-Chris

Let me know when your charts show.

I'll be on the road on/off for about 2 weeks but easy to do a 3 person call once both of you have them

Have fun!!!!
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

cw021382

thomeng55

My Explorer Chart Book Arrived today.

Cant wait to check it out tonight!!!

cw021382

Tom, I got mine yesterday.  I am ready when you are to go over it with Frank.  I am sending him a PM to call when he is ready. 

-Chris

Allure2sail

Hi Chris:
I am in the early stages of making plans for the trip as well. Plan on having Allure (a 1987 27) trucked to Florida in preparation to cross the "ditch" and end up in Grand Bahama but could easily be talked into going to Abaco first. Let's start some conversation on this adventure. Just ordered the explorer guides from Amazon as well. When will you be going, this year or next. I was hoping to make it down there at the end of the New England sailing season.
Bruce
S/V Allure
Swansea, MA

cw021382

Hi Bruce, We would love to sail the Bahamas all winter, but we have to be back for work.  We are leaving June 2 and looking to head back the week after July 4th.  This is all weather permitting.  Allure is a nice boat.  I think a c27 is about the perfect coastal cruiser.  I like the 23 because it is easy and legal to trailer anywhere, but the standing headroom, and enclosed head of the 27 would sure be nice.  I can see a 27 in our future some day.  I almost bought an IP 26 Mk1 last week, shallow draft of 2'4" but wide beam at 10'6".  It is just to much boat to trailer and rig and the c27 has a better layout.  Anyway, we plan to fish and dive and sail our way thru the Abacos.  We also have our 10 year anniversary in late may and would like to renew our vows somewhere in the Abacos.  We will be staying in a resort at least one night a week to have a break from the boat, and probably eating out way to much.  I don't think we will cross paths as we will be there at different times, but I am all for discussing routes and things to see and do.  My tentative plan is to launch in lake Worth then sail to memory rock and on to Great sale Cay.  From there we will work our way down.  I have been looking at the charts, and I don't know if it's best to sail down to hole in the wall and up to Moore's island then to Freeport to stage for the crossing back to Lake Worth, or stop at some point and retrace our steps. 

-Chris

crazycarl

Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"