Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP 16 OUTBOARD????

Started by atrometer, November 08, 2013, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

Quote from: nies on November 12, 2013, 08:59:04 AM
Similar story this fall, had my 5hp 2 cycle winterized and I put it on the motor stand in the garage, wanted to shift it out of gear and it did not want to shift so I pulled on the cord, WOW ,it started .........can not believe how long it took to find red button, motor guy says no problem as the fogger it really oil mist.......would not want to run very long though...........nies

I would complain to your mechanic..he didn't drain the gas in the carb.  That's rule #1 of winterizing these small outboards.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

atrometer

If it's AIR cooled it does not, if it's WATER cooled it has one -depends mostly on the year I think.  But even if it's AIR cooled, I'm told the transmission needs water - in other words DON"T run it out of the water.

nies

My mechanic claims he runs a" magic" mixture through the engine, combo gas saver. ether , oil and x factor.................never failed to work in the past but spring will bring the truth or B.S.....................nies

Salty19

Nies, he might be onto something with a mix, and maybe I shouldn't of said anything :-[.

I think they do this to the larger outboards due to difficulties in draining gas (fuel injection, access, etc) and due to waste disposal issues ..not 100% sure.  With the right mix of solvents and stabilizers you should be fine.

Sorry for the thread drift...
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Magic mixture...sounds like a dark and stormy for outboards!
Bob23

skip1930

Magic mixture? MMO
Marvelous Mystery Oil ?

It works as good as any.
I don't fog anymore.
The premium BP gas evaporates, the oil stays.

Shut her off, take out the plug from the fuel bowel, drain and reinstall plug.

skip.