News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Hoping to buy a 16, have a few questions - Update - bought it!

Started by Cevin c Taylor, August 20, 2011, 12:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KPL

I would suggest a new thread with a specific topic.  It is much easier to search in the future, and more likely to catch the eye of a broader audience.

My 2 cents..

skip1930

Billy, and listen to to the resonance (spelling)

Load up ieSpell for free then just right click for it to scan the whole post.

skip.

makedevine

Wolverine congrats on the 16. I also just acquired a 1979 cp16 out of Cleveland. The boat sat in a Lady's back yard since 1995, uncovered! With that said I've had to replace the compression post bulkhead, the aft bulkhead, both bunks due to the staples used during construction were mild steel and rusted. My suggestion is to use a scribe or any narrow sharp tool and try and test the bulkheads and bunks for rot.  Hopefully none will be found. As per taking it north this weekend make sure the bearings  and tires are up for the trip. Carry a spare! You should not have any problems going up traffic wise but if I may suggest making your return trip on 127 instead of 75. 75 has road construction on the southbound lanes around pinconning. I just returned from sleeping bear last week to Wayne.  Have a Good Time and don't over do it.

Cevin c Taylor

Thanks for the help.  I took her out for a couple of sails up north.  I posted a writeup in the Lounge.  Overall, learned a lot, had some fun, and no one got hurt.  Can't wait to go out again.