a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

A Free Compac 16!!

Started by Mercrewser, April 24, 2005, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Erickson

If you mean The Sailboat Shop in Glen Gardner, NJ, they don't have much in the way of supplies on hand, but they can order what you need.  Although it's a bit of a distance for me, I've been going to Lockwood Boat Works in South Amboy, NJ.  They've always had just what I've needed, and they are very helpful.  They are on Route 35.  I have to either go to Philadelphia or New Jersey for any decent selection of sailboat parts - there's nothing in Allentown, PA area that have had anything I've needed.

Good luck in fixing up "Lauren Beth".  Sounds like you got a great deal!!!!
CP19II #347
"Patricia Lee"
www.sailaway.smugmug.com/boats

Mercrewser

What would be a good store in the Philadelphia area you mentioned?

Gil Weiss

In Lower Bucks County, just north of Philadelphia, within 10-15 minutes of Interchange 28 of the PA Turnpike there is a Boater's World and West Marine (has lots of sailboat stuff) plus Philadelphia Boat up on State Road and a pretty good marina store at Three Seasons Marina also on State Road.

Mercrewser

Thanks Gil,  I'm heading to West marine tomorrow as per your advice.  I'm specifically looking for sailboat parts.  Hopefully they'll have the shroud turnbuckle I need as Hutchins doesn't.  They do have everything else though and I've purchased quite a bit of stuff from them.  Cant wait till it all arrives!

B.Hart

WAY TO GO  :D   another cp-16 comes back from the grave to a happy home. I found my 16 after ten years, and two owners, waiting to come back to life. I have a 2 hp rude tha came with the boat. It is a 96 model that had never been used 8)  to me restoring the oldies is half the fun,     the other half is sailing them. I have 1500.00 in her now happy sailing from the south :D

Gil Weiss

Mercrewser,

I live 10 minutes from West Marine in Bensalem. Where do you live? I will be around tomorrow . . . Steppin' Up is still on my lawn. Hopefully the weather will allow us to launch this sunday.

Anyway, I will keep my cell phone on tomorrow in the chance we can get together. 215-620-1723

My wife works Sat morning and I typically run errands around where West Marine is located. I typically stop for breakfast at one of the local diners.

Gil Weiss

Re the shroud turnbuckle, Linthicum Salimakers in sommerville NJ, about a 45 minute ride from West Marine in Bensalem, does rigging work. They have a web site if you wanted to contact them. Brad Linthicum is a knowledgable and very good guy to deal with. He has specs on most boats and will work mail order.

Just a thought . . .

Mercrewser

Thanks for the info guys.  Hopefully I'll make it to Bensalem today, things are getting busy.  Its alot of work tracking down these little odds and ends.  Thankfully Hutchins has alot (halyards, sheets, teak etc.).  Hopefully with a little glass work I'll be ready to go.

Gil Weiss

Good luck on your trip to Bensalem today. I had the days mixed up and thought you were coming down Saturday (tomorrow).

where do you live and where will you sail?

Mercrewser

Hopefully Lake Nockamixon, if I ever get these glass repairs done.

multimedia_smith

Since you know how to get in touch with Com Pac... You should really consider getting a bow sprit kit...
Now... since you saved on the front end of the boat ownership prospect... here it goes...
ENJOY
Dale :lol: