a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Diesel Conversion?

Started by Bob23, August 20, 2008, 03:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newt

Maybe we will all get together with our CPs and sail over the horizon.... to a place of VWs and WW2 Jeeps. A place like they went to at the end of Lord of the Rings. Lets face it guys, we are of another generation. One were the world was simple and people trusted. We are of another era.

Bob23

Hey Newt:
   Wasn't that a highly modified Compac 27 they sailed off in? Maybe just my imagination.
Yes, despite a popular train of thought that man is improving, you can't prove it to me. Although, I have a small group of customers in my construction business and we enjoy a relationship of 100% trust. Much of the work I do is handshake because we trust each other. It is very refreshing. And I've experienced the flip side of the coin also and no contract exists that will make a dishonest man honest. It comes from the heart, eh?
   Probably a bit too early to be philosophizing (is that a word?). I suppose we do have the opportunity to spread a bit of integrity and honesty around with the people we interact within all the decisions we have to make during the course of each day. There is a verse in Proverbs that I've tried to run my business and life by: Proberbs 22:1 " A good name is to me more desired than great riches." Maybe if our government and banking industry ran by that rule, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.
   Ok...'nuff said. Bob23 off to make the coffee once again. Stay well!

newt

I would agree. A good name is far more important than what you get being slick. Sometimes we all have to be reminded of that. Integrity is the name of the game.

Tim Gardner

Amazing - 80% of my business is referrals from past business associates and clients. 'Course, most of them just want to go sailing. ;<)}

tg
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Potcake boy

Well guys, maybe that's why we love sailing. Venturing upon the sea in a small vessel is about as honest as it gets. No trickery or deceit will spare you your destiny, only the the good will of your ship mates can save you. There's nothing like a good ass kicking storm at sea to strip a man of his superficial inhibitions, gets right down to the fundamentals. Of course it's good to have a top notch shade tree mechanic on board when something breaks in the midst of all the turmoil.

Ron
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water