a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2023

Started by kickingbug1, November 07, 2022, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

carl , joan will be missed. i will tell the others to take losts of pics and post them. as to the lost sails, i guess you will need to run to home depot and buy some drop clothes for painting. maybe one day sarah and i can come visit and you can teach me how to sail
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

MacGyver

Boat is setup and engine fired off really nicely. New mast step is completed, and I rewired the deck and mast fittings as well.
sometime this week ill ensure that the hull is sealed up but otherwise she is ready to go.

That being said, I have not reserved a spot up there yet, but I will see what I can do in the next couple of days. Also, we have retained a lawyer to adopt the children due to the father not having any thing to do with either of them. The daughter knows him, but the son does not, and both refer to me as dad, and the boy knows me as the father. During a supervised visit he referred to him as "The stinky guy that lives at the park and sometimes gives him toys."

Steph and I talked, we plan to sail, hang out, and participate in what we can. We don't have plans to go out to eat however, trying to keep our overall costs down due to the lawyer fees and also not knowing what direction that will end up going, meaning how it could possibly cost us alot to get this done.

Hopefully that is not a issue, the kids are excited to be able to get on the boat, and we have planned out what we will do to eat and all that.

Hope everyone is doing well, and we cannot wait to give it hell during the race!

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.