a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2023

Started by kickingbug1, November 07, 2022, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

clr 2023 is gonna happen. it depends on when the apostle islands trip is scheduled. it will be the last week of june or the last week of july. your thoughts?
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

What would work best for us is if they were no more than a week apart.  that would save me from driving up twice in the same summer. 
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

sarah tells me she still likes the last week of june
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

alsantini

My vote is for the last week in June.  Better chance of cooler temps.

kickingbug1

june 26th through the 30th is what im thinking

crazycarl

Last week of June sounds great.  Should have decent winds, warm daytime temps, not as many mosquitoes, and pleasant nights for those staying aboard their boats.
Steve, you should listen to Sara more often.   

kickingbug1

if i werent going deaf i guess i would

alsantini

I put it on the calendar. Looking forward to it.  Sail On  Al

MacGyver

Just figured I would drop in and say that I will be attending the great outing finally again. I scheduled my only vacation this year for the event, so hopefully I got the days right.
I have some work to do to the boat, and during the time there we will have the kids too. Neither of the kids have ever been on the boat. We also have some neighbors that are in their mid seventies that really want to go with us as they too have never been sailing, I think that both the kids and my friends will fit in with whatever is going on those days nicely.

Some things I need to get done is the engine needs a water pump just to be sure I have no issues and be ran to ensure it si good to run also. I am also in need of completing the hinged mast step project as well.

That being said, I plan to post videos on the YouTube of those things hopefully, the kids have kept me busy with alot of nonsense so hopefully we knock out those boat issues amongst the other things too.

Cant wait to see everyone again!

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

kickingbug1

we will so our best to make things interesting

kickingbug1

if i could i would like to get a head count of those planning to attend

alsantini

Count me in Steve.  Probably NOT Carol though, since she has something doing that week.  Looking forward to it and seeing you and Sarah.    Sail On  Al

Fastdoc98

Unfortunately due to a prior commitment for my son's graduate school I won't be able to make it this year

rogerschwake

Plan on being there this year as long as I don't fall off the boat again.

ROGER

crazycarl

We sat down this evening trying to find a way for Joan to speak for a group on the 21st, attend a school reunion on the 24th, another speaking engagement on the 28th, and CLR the following week.  Unfortunately none of which is going to happen.  We moved into our new house the first week of April and we're still unboxing and organizing.  I made the trip from NC to IL and back twice in two weeks and I need a break. 

I brought the 19 home today.  After opening all the boxes marked SAILING, cannot locate the sails.  Such a shame, they're the originals from 1985 and are just getting broken in.   

I do expect to see some pics and video posted here from CLR.  Have fun!