a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Composting head?

Started by DanF, August 14, 2024, 08:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanF

Is there anyone out there who has managed to fit a composting head into their CP23, other than the C-Head (who seem to be defunct)??  If so could you share what model you have, your experience, and maybe a photo?  I really want to find a way to fit one in the v-berth, but all available options seem too tall. 

brackish

I looked into it but did not do it.  I saw one called a "Cuddy Composting Head" that I thought might fit, but not absolutely sure. 

I started to think about my cruising profile and what I wanted to spend my "boat bucks" on and it didn't pass.  I generally go out for a one or two nights, think the longest was four nights.  What works best for me is a Clean Waste Toilet using Wag Bags, and a three gallon bucket with a Gamma Seal lid to store used bags. Bucket fits in a cockpit locker.  Clean, no odor, dump the bucket in the marina dumpster "approved for landfill placement" and go about my business.  My wife also likes it much better than the dometic charged porta-poty we had before.

P1000563.JPG

crazycarl

I've been using wag bags for about 12 years. Bought a pack of 100 for $30 off eBay. Much more convenient than any port a john.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

brackish

Quote from: crazycarl on August 15, 2024, 01:23:32 PMI've been using wag bags for about 12 years. Bought a pack of 100 for $30 off eBay. Much more convenient than any port a john.

Well of course, you were my inspiration for moving in that direction. And I also bought a hundred off eBay. What was your comment "I'll be forever known as the forum expert on toilet issues" or something of that nature.;)

passagesfromtheheart

Thanks for sharing this solution -- I'm not keen on our Porta-potty -- sounds like Wag Bags are the way to go! (Pardon the pun!)
* Formerly 'Seachelle' on the CPYOA forums *
2013 Com-Pac 23 | SV Charm
2008 Com-Pac Legacy | SV Charisma
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@passagesfromtheheart