a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Keith Scott RIP

Started by TopsailB, May 17, 2024, 07:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopsailB

Keith Scott, owner of The Sailboat Company and the Com-Pac dealer in the NC area for over 40 years, passed away May 16, 2024. Keith sold over 500 new boats and thousands of used boats over the years. His knowledge of sailing and sailboats in general, and Com-Pacs in particular was remarkable. He touched many sailors along the east coast and beyond, encouraging and supporting the sport of sailing and cruising on small boats. Keith retired from the Marine Corps having completed tours of duty in Vietnam prior to becoming a Com-Pac dealer.
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

Tim Gardner

So Sorry to hear. Kieth was an encyclopaedia of sailing knowledge.
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

BobK

Fair winds and following seas Keith.

Jon898

Any idea what will happen to the business?

Jon

Roland of Macatawa

Condolences to his family.
2012 Com-Pac Yachts SunDayCat, 'ZigZagZen'

deisher6

Semper Fi Keith.
regards charlie

TopsailB

Quote from: Jon898 on May 18, 2024, 08:26:51 AMAny idea what will happen to the business?

Jon

My understanding is that the family plans to continue operating the business.
Topsail Beach NC
1989 Com-Pac 27
1986 Com-Pac 23D
1986 Com-Pac 16
1959 Simmons Seaskiff 18

MHardy

Keith is how I came to know Com-Pac sailboats. I bought my first boat from him, a CP16, after reading an article about 16's on his website. A few years later he sold the 16 for me after I purchased my 27.  It was always a pleasure talking boats with him. He will be missed.

Seagull II, 1987 CP 27
Seagull, 1983 CP 16
Washington, North Carolina

John from Vermont

Hello all -Yes the family is still running the business as I purchased a 2014 Suncat from them on the 17th of June. The family were wonderful and accommodating to us when we showed up from Vermont in the first big heat wave. The transaction went smoothly considering they were trying to figure out some of Kieth's systems and this was their first sale. Any minor issues after the sale were quickly attended to and resolved satisfactorily. I regret not having met Kieth but am happy to have met Donald, his Sister and brother in law ( whose names escape me -sorry ! ).