a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CLR 2024

Started by kickingbug1, November 07, 2023, 01:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

at this time it looks like CLR 2024 will take place the last week of June. the activities will be much the same, with one aybe two races, a "Cruise to the Silo" and a possible night sail. every day will end with a raft up for swimming and lying about race results.  we will eat out at least one night and have an awards dinner at the west access maring galley, i hope all of previous attendees can make it. all sailors with trailerable boats no matter what make are welcome. we promise a good time awaits you.

(Text Moved by Admin MAC: Modified but set here for reference purposes and to make the post merge come out correctly:)

CLR 2024 will be held the last week of june (24th thru the 28th). a meet and greet will take place at the winery in carlyle on monday night. the event will feature one, maybe two races (just for laughs and pics). the first will be on tuesday (time TOBD). wednsday there will be a CRUISE TO THE SILO followed by a raft up at point 5. thursday will be open sailing with an awards dinner at the marina galley room. each day  usually has a raft up where we drink a little swim a little and lie a lot. i will post further details at a latter date. i can be reached at 317 440 3804 to answer questions and take suggestions.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

I'm putting it on our calendar.  I do hope nothing comes up.  We've missed the last 3.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

you can probably stay with us if you want
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

KObek

Quote from: kickingbug1 on November 07, 2023, 01:03:49 PMat this time it looks like CLR 2024 will take place the last week of June. the activities will be much the same, with one aybe two races, a "Cruise to the Silo" and a possible night sail. every day will end with a raft up for swimming and lying about race results.  we will eat out at least one night and have an awards dinner at the west access maring galley, i hope all of previous attendees can make it. all sailors with trailerable boats no matter what make are welcome. we promise a good time awaits you

What is the location?
Son of a sailor with more time spent wishing I was sailing than actually sailing. All that may change if my health outlast my working years.

I have been sailing since the early 1970's. My favorite boat was whatever I could afford at the time! We have owned a couple of C16's, a Picnic Cat and a Suncat.

kickingbug1

carlyle lake southern illinois

crazycarl

I reserved our slip for the week. We'll be arriving Sunday the 23rd, and departing Saturday the 29th.

See you all there!

kickingbug2

i am happy. it will be so great to see you both. just for you== the race markers are being provided by the sailing association

kickingbug2

so far looks like we have a good group with Randy, Rich Matt, chris ,Al, Jason, Carl and Joanie, Sarah and I. hopefully we will also have Dan and Roger. Should be a good "race". Again, all boats are welcome. it will be worgh the trip

kickingbug2

thus far, it looks like we have 8 or nine boats for the rendezvous. the great CLR  race should be lots of fun and laughs  as it usually is. can you imagine a race with a com-pac eclipse, two suncats, two cp 19s, a hunter 19, a catalina 22, a catalina 18 and a rob roy on a course mixing it up.  wow .join us and add to our fleet. a great time awaits you.

crazycarl

We could make the race even more interesting by tethering all the boats together with bungees.

kickingbug2

let me see, you have new sails and hate losing. i think those two things will make it interesting enough. hopefully we will have markers form the sailing association to make it easy for old men to see them, like last year the marks will be 1/3 of a mile apart. the challenge is how do we beat matt.

alsantini

I am ready!  We leave FL next week for Illinois.  I have CLR on the calendar and I plan on arriving on Sunday, leaving on Friday.  Although this might change.  lol

kickingbug2

we cant wait to see ya

kickingbug2

anyone within driving distance should think about attending. its always a good time with great people.