a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP27 Rudder Zinc?

Started by Jma1_nemo, November 03, 2016, 11:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jma1_nemo

I see on the CP27 replacement parts list from Com-Pac, mention of a "Rudder Zinc".  I have looked at my rudder and do not see anything that looks like a zinc.  I searched this site and also come up with no mention of Rudder Zincs. Can any of you CP27 veterans confirm if there is a rudder zinc and if so, where it is located.  Thanks

Tney88

Only zinc I have found on my 2004 27-3 is the one on the prop shaft....if there is supposed to be one on the rudder as well, it was gone when I bought her.

Oh, yeah, then there's the one in the heat exchanger. 

Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

wes

No rudder zinc at this address - mine is a 1988 model. If you call Hutchins (hint hint) please post the answer here!

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

deisher6

I have pretty well dissembled all the rudder parts on Windrunner an '86.  I did not see any zincs around.  There is the one on the prop shaft and at least one pencil zinc on the heat exchanger.  Here is aa copy of the rudder assembly that I found in our owners archives..... This is a later model than ours.  Windrunner's steering cables are run though conduits rather than using sheaves as shown in the drawing.

Please post if you find out different.

regards charlie

Jma1_nemo

Page 3 of the CP 27 Parts List shows :  MR00Z0020  ZINC, RUDDER, 1 7/8 .
I inquired with ComPac about this Zinc and Gerry said they were only used on the catboat centerboards.  So I am sorry for the confusion I caused.

deisher6

Mystery solved! 
Thanks
regards charlie