a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Running Rigging for CP25?

Started by legends117, January 22, 2016, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legends117

Hi all - West Marine is having a one day sale (1/22) of 40% off bulk rope.  I intend to replace my sheets this winter, but have not measured the current rigging.  I checked the Owner's Manual, but there is no list of lines.  Does anyone have a list of the recommended sheet sizes?  Thanks - JD
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9
S/V Dutch Roll (from the previous 2 owners, & before that she was "somewhere up North" called Stella Bella)

frank

Email Gerry at Compac....I'm sure he would respond quickly with both size and length
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

Restharrow

Gerry can tell you for sure, but here's an interesting site I found.

http://shop.sailboatowners.com/cu/detail-rrc.php

It has a rigging calculation for almost any boat you can imagine.

Steve
CP 25 Lake Champlain and
Coast of Maine
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks

Craig Weis

I replaced all my running rigging with the same factory dia. on my CP-19 years ago.
Simply laid it out in the grass and measured all of it then added ten foot to each measured length.
The extra ten foot lets me 'sheet' in and out the head sail from the high side of the boat.

Also every other season toss my lines into the wife's clothes washer with a liquid soap. Cold/cold on Gentle cycle.
Makes a huge knot that you'll untangle while watching some favorite program on the telly for an hour.

Then when still wet soak the lines overnight in the bathtub with a fabric softener, a rinse a little and air dry [caution stinky. May have to soak outside]

skip.

legends117

Quote from: Restharrow on January 22, 2016, 10:27:13 AM
Gerry can tell you for sure, but here's an interesting site I found.

http://shop.sailboatowners.com/cu/detail-rrc.php

It has a rigging calculation for almost any boat you can imagine.

Steve
CP 25 Lake Champlain and
Coast of Maine

I emailed Rich at Com-Pac, and his reply was that they had not had an order for a 25 in such a long time that they could not find the rigging sheet.

So how about that?  I will check that site when I get back to a PC.  If I cannot find it today, I will measure all the lines and wait for the next sale. 

Thanks for all the replies. - JD
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9
S/V Dutch Roll (from the previous 2 owners, & before that she was "somewhere up North" called Stella Bella)

Restharrow

3/8" - 40 feet is what the site recommended.  I think that's about right.
Typically 2 times the boat's length is also given for Jib/Genoa Sheets.

Steve S. CP25
Lake Champlain and
Coast of Maine
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks

LuvInIt

Hello:  Gerry can order you a kit with the rigging already made to size.  Just put em ON!  I did that.  Worked perfect.  PK

legends117

That was not offered by the good folks at Com-Pac.  I purchased some 3/8 lines from Defender.   I think I may have had the sheets cut a bit short, but we'll see how they work.
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9

Salty19

The FAQ here at this this does not list the CP25 rigging dimensions for whatever reason.  I would be happy to edit the table (first post on Com-pac FAQ section) if anyone has determined them, and can verify their accuracy.  If any helpful soul can can please list them here or send me a Private Message that will help others in the future.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603