a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac 23 in Detroit area?

Started by CompacDetroit, September 05, 2006, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CompacDetroit

I'm looking to buy a Com-Pac 23 and wonder if anyone has one I can look at in the Detroit area?  I never actually seen one up-close and personal.  Thanks.  Peter

NormD

There is a fellow in your area who sells Com-Pacs as a sideline. He is a teacher by profession.

http://www.glsailboatco.com/

He may know of a Com-Pac 23 owner in the area.

ramble on

I had never seen one either although I had know about them for years. When my last boat was hit by Katrina and I got back in the market I was planning to drive to Florida to look at one. Imagine my suprise when one showed up at my marina east of Birmingham!

A local guy had bought her sight unseen and had her shipped from Texas. I asked him to let me look at it and he said he would sell it. 

So i wouldn`t be suprised if there is one near you as there are lots of CP 23s around.

Hope you find one soon!

Windhawk

I bought my 23 from the above mention Greatlakes Sailboat Co.  He is located just outside East Lansing.  I keep my boat in Holland, which would be a long trip for you, but doable (and pleasant).  I am unaware of anyone in metro Detroit who ha a 23, but I would imagine there must be one or two.  OTOH, my 2005 was hull number 645, so they're not exactly falling off the trees.  My boats a diesel, and was only the 8th or 9th 23D ever produced, so she worth a look for that reason alone (Not for sale).