a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

another Arkansan

Started by backtalker, August 23, 2004, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backtalker

My name's Ken Keough, and I live in Arkansas.  My only regret about buying a Com-Pac is that I didn't do it sooner!  My little boat had truly been around before I ended up with her -- the Great Lakes and The Keys.  When I came to own her, she was kept on Greers Ferry Lake.  Since acquiring her last year, I have expended a lot of effort (and more money that was justifiable) on making her truly Bristol-shape.  Needless to say, she's still a work-in-progress but coming along nicely.  I've made numerous upgrades, including lighting, wiring, extra fuel capacity, and interior & exterior functional and cosmetic improvements, like a whisker pole, AC inverter and a mast crutch to name a few.  She's rigged for weekending on the bigger lakes, and should have no problem going back to the Keys next year (hopefully!) for my vacation.  Next big project is a bottom job in the spring and outfitting her with a better boom tent and other canvas trim.  I've trailer-sailed her on most of the larger lakes around the state.  Being early thirty-ish, I came to sailing later in life than most do, but I'm told I truly have a talent for it, and I enjoy it beyond words.  I'm never more "myself" than when I'm going across the lakes in a 10-mph breeze, heeled over with the 180 Genoa flying and the rubrail just skimming the surface.  I'll keep her for her portability, although I'm planning on purchasing a larger boat (a CP-35 -- I WISH!) within the next 2-3 years for a liveaboard in Little Rock, nearer to where I work.  I'd love to talk with any other owners and will eagerly share what I've learned so far in my "hillbilly refit", so please don't hesitate to contact me.  And as my sailing mentor says, "Happy Trails, Fair Winds, and Safe Anchorages!"

jaguaretype

Hi Ken, I have a 1990 23 D which is currently at the Little Rock Yacht Club.  Buddy Payne and I are applying an epoxy barrier coat and paint to the bottom.  Call me at 501-217-9955 if you're in the Rock and want to get together.  I'm taking the boak to Ouachita when we're finished.  Jay