a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Westerbeke parts?

Started by legends117, July 17, 2015, 11:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legends117

Does anyone have a good online source for Westerbeke parts?  I need to change my filters and such and get some spares,  but I don't know of a good place to purchase.

Thanks - JD
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9
S/V Dutch Roll (from the previous 2 owners, & before that she was "somewhere up North" called Stella Bella)

moonlight

RB Grove in Pensacola.
There's no such thing as cheap Westerbeke parts.
Seastar/Teleflex/Sierra make some aftermarket things that may be easier to find and with a little less than "red engine premium price", but either way, you don't want to trust the reliability and function of the unit to the lowest bidder
(unless you're the government, buying 1,000, hoping 100 work.)

Tom L.

I used these folks for oil filters. Westerbeake or any marine engine builder is just too high. http://www.covichwilliams.com/

Most marine engines are converted from some other larger manufacturer. Kubota is one of the bigger diesel engine manufacturers. I actually bought filters from the marine builder that had been painted over with their name.

My boat had a horizontally mounted Oil filter a real mess to change. Covich Williams also had a kit that mounted next to the engine and reoriented the filter vertical. That with a permanently mounted sump oil drain pump. Really solved a messy problem.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat