a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Maxwell winches

Started by nbsupply, June 26, 2015, 01:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbsupply

I lost the Roller bearing of my Maxwell #21 self tailing winches. There is 15' water in our marina mud bottom and a big magnet did not pick it up. Where could I find a Replacement? Hans

Tney88

Here's where I would start:

http://www.maxwellmarine.com/

Terry Ney
CP-27 "Paradiso"
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Allure2sail

Hi:
From what I understand when Maxwell got out of the winch business all of the spare parts inventory was sold to a company in Australia. Sad to say supposedly there is nothing left. Best bet would be to try and find a used Maxwell winch and buy it, even if only for the spare parts it would yield. I have a spare but it is not for sale (understandably). If you could take the other winch you have and take it apart and have the bearing measured up you might be able to find a replacement that would work from one of the bearing manufactures. I don't think Maxwell would go through the expense of having a bearing custom made for them. It is most likely metric because of the company not being U.S. based. Good luck.
Bruce
S/V Allure

nbsupply

I discovered that Hutten Purchaased the tooling for the Maxwell Sheet winch service parts . I am in the  process to have my Bearing shipped from Australia, Hans

Allure2sail

Awesome.....
Can we all get the contact information for the Hutten Company.
Bruce

nbsupply

Product Sales [sales@huttonwinches.com] this is the Company.
PS I have not received my part as of today. Maybe we are spoiled by Amazon, Hans
It took 3 days to NY. 2 Days through customs and now 12days to Mich, Pa. and it still has not arrived in Ohio this is outratious, finally got here it took 3 days to NY and over 3 weeks to Ohio.