a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sail Cradle

Started by Southold, May 31, 2015, 12:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southold

We purchased a sail cradle.  Any suggestions mom installation would be appreciated. We're new to a sailing and have a 2014  Suncat. There's a lot stuff on the mast ans we're struggling and figuring out the best locations to attach the hardware. Also, do you recommend leaving out when you cover the and not stowing until after you raise the sail?

hoddinr

What the heck is a "Sail Cradle?" Like a Stack Pack for catching the sail/gaff etc when you lower the sail?

Ron

Craig

Ditto. What is a sail cradle? Can't help without some common terminology. Describe what you bought and what it looks like!
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Southold

It's type of lazy jacks made by sail care

MacGyver

Do you mean a sail pack?
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Southold

Craig

Got it! Had virtually the same rig  on our Suncat, Cattitude. Worked very well. We never stowed ours against the mast but it is a nice option. The shockcords allow you to keep the lazy jacks deployed without affecting the set of the sail. Unfortunately I can't be of much help on the install since the dealer we bought the boat from put them on and I can't remember how they were rigged.
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

steve brown

I bought the Sail Cradle for my Suncat and ended up not using it because you have to go to the mast and play with the lines. that's OK with a big boat with lots of deck space. I installed lazy jacks using the top lines of Sail Cradle. I can drop the sail now from the cockpit. Steve -"NUNKI"

Southold

can you send a photo of how you set up the lazy jacks.  I'm having a hard time getting the sail cradle adjusted so it works.

thanks