a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Awful quiet here.....

Started by alsantini, March 23, 2015, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Is everyone getting their Eclipse ready for a springtime launch?  I on the other hand will start in 2 weeks to get Off The Wind ready for her trip north.  Looks like we will hit the road around April 7 or 8, take out time going home taking the longer way up  75 to 10 and across to 65N.  We frequently go this way since it is so easy.  No Atlanta to contend with and way less traffic.  Boat will sit for a couple of weeks before I launch her back into Pistakee Lake in Northern Illinois. Bringing the Eclipse down this winter was kind of an experiment.  To see if I would really use her enough to justify the time, effort and money required to travel 1400 miles towing.  Well the jury is still out but it was a blast.  I sailed in the Gulf frequently, Charlotte Harbor 6 times, went to Boca Grande, Gasparilla Island and Lemon Bay.  I used 6 Gal of gas mostly getting in and out of the Gulf, since I would launch at the train station in Venice and have to motor out to the Jetty.  I had virtually NO problems with the trip down or the sailing while here.  I lost the threaded pin on the jib halyard somewhere on I-75 going to Charlotte Harbor, but that is it!  One trip to West Marine for a new halyard shackle with a locked pin and I was back in business.   I am going to again strip the sails off, remove the anchor, outboard, bimini, and side stays from the topsides.  I will only have the mast, boom and bimini pipes to strap down with the Genoa foil bungied to the mast.  I know it is overkill but I feel better knowing that nothing can bounce around and chip my gelcoat.  In summary, I found the Eclipse everything she is billed at.  I trailered her everywhere, stepped the mast mostly by myself and had a ball in the process.  What a boat!  Currently I am planning on bringing her down again next year, God willing.  I will also be at the Carlyle Lake event in July and although moored on Pistakee, I plan on sailing Lake Geneva, Lake Michigan and Green Lake Wisconsin this summer season.  What sailing plans do the rest of you have?

crazycarl

Alsanti,

I'm just south of you and have sailed lake geneva and delavan.

a friend and i are planning an overnighter on kake michigan this year, perhaps you could join us?

Next time we're up your way, i'll give warning and we can sail together, or if you really knew me,

it will give warning to avoid me!

CC
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

looks like our sailing plans will be only on carlyle lake this year. with both of our moms in their 80s and both still living alone its a constant concern, especially the mother in law. but since we only live 25 minutes away we should get plenty of tiller time in. we already got "AUDREY J's" hull wet this past saturday with a nice day of 68 with 10+mph winds. we topped 5 knots and had a great day. if you travel close to New Baden give us a yell 618) 588-3889 and maybe we can meet you for a bite to eat. and carl, come on down for a weekend, stay with us and we will do some sailing.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

mattman

I booked two weeks off this spring, the plan is for cruising Ky lake and Barkely, lots of exploring to do! Then the Clr soon after!!! 

kickingbug1

matt, we are gonna have to try kentucky lake for a few days. when i was fishing big time we used to stay at barkley. what a beautiful spot. take lots of pics and post them here if you can. ill get with the guys this spring for a little pre rendezvous sailing----ill let you know
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"