a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Splashing Zen

Started by copcardrvr, September 08, 2014, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copcardrvr

Not sure if this is the correct place to post these pix but after two years of work I wanted to put them someplace!
Splashed Zen on Saturday, 9/6/14, winds 5-8, 72 f., blue sky. Didn't sink! Sailed great. Same weather on Sunday, winds 15-18 kts. Boat sailed very flat. We were flying everything, nothing reefed, close hauled and surfing at 6.1 kts (according to the GPS. I couldn't believe it either and we're in a lake so there's no current to speak of) We sailed right on past an Island Packet 32 that was flying a reefed main and staysail. Had people asking what kind of boat it was. I think the transom threw them. They all said "Pretty boat!" I think I have to agree with them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f9lmqiuiwk1i61h/AAAOqYJuaFXAiCkz6kKcxMRPa?dl=0

NateD

I bet it was a great feeling, the boat looks great too. Was that Lake Pepin? We kept our CP23 down there for a few years. There are a few CP27's on the lake, but I don't think there are any 19's that stay in the water there.

copcardrvr

Good eye Nate, it is Lake Pepin. There were 3 CP-27s in the marina last year but one sold last fall and went to Florida. There are currently 3 CP-19s (including mine), 1 Sun Cat and 1 CP-16 in slips in the Lake City Municipal Marina. Not sure if there are any Com Pacs at Hanson's Harbor or over at Dan's Pepin Marina.

NateD

Huh, I didn't notice the 19s down there. There is a 27 and 25 at Hansen's.

copcardrvr

The 27s are in the outer harbor, the smaller ones are in the inner harbor on the 400-600 docks by the point.