Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Owner near Rochester NY

Started by FireDrill, August 13, 2014, 02:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gray

Hi Firedrill,
I mostly sail on the southern part of the lake near Fort Ticonderoga. I am going to the northern part next week to sail north of Burlington where the waves get bigger!
I was out yesterday in a beautiful southern breeze of about 14knots but, unusually for Lake Champlain, fairly steady and consistent! Probably the best sailing fun for a long time!
Capt Nemo,
Your suggestion for the lazy jack problem has done the trick. I use  a light piece of line tied with a slip knot  to the front of the grab rail and looped through one of the bungees and it works a treat. Keeps the lazy jacks out of the way when raising sail too - an added bonus!
Are you any where near Sarasota? I will be down there next March with my Celtic band doing some gigs. I would love a chance to sail!
Cheer
Gray

capt_nemo

gray,

I am about 30 miles south of Sarasota in Port Charlotte - not far at all.

When it gets close to your March gigs, contact me and we'll see how our schedules compare.

Sail safely!

capt_nemo

Bob23

Gray:
  By any chance next March are you planning to play at the Celtic Ray in Punta Gorda? Fabulous place with live music. My daughter, who used to live  in PG, knows the owners. They pour a great Guiness there.
Bob23
(Sorry for hijack.)