a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Horizon Day Cat

Started by rbh1515, May 27, 2014, 12:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

I'm new to the forum, and this new HDC caught my eye.  We strictly day sail, and that cockpit would be great.  Anyone have one of these yet?  I currently sail a Catalina 28, and have been seriously thinking of downsizing.
Rob
Wisconsin
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Craig

We have a std HC and love it! I have a hard time imagining a better daysailer than the new HC Day Cat. Having at least the option of overnighting in addition to the huge cockpit is a great idea. Also provides plenty of lockable dry storage. If I were looking now I would give the Day Cat a serious look. In a sense you would not be truly "downsizing", just a reallocation of space! HCs are great sailing boats and are as close as you can come to relaxed no hassle sailing. Very stable and surprisingly maneuverable(tacking even in very light winds is no problem). Good luck!
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

rbh1515

Anyone out in the forum have one of these yet?

capt_nemo

rbh1515,

Do you really need a HDC or would a Sun Cat Daysailer with an 11' open cockpit suit your needs as well or even better?

Guess it depends on how many guests and crew you want aboard for company.

Just thought there might be some $$$ to be saved here along with the advantages of a slightly smaller boat.

Food for thought.

capt_nemo

rbh1515

I'll check it out, but I think the HDC would work out better.