a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

sail pin hardware question

Started by ehall686, April 06, 2014, 12:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehall686

I've been combing over the Com-pac parts list looking for the pin that goes into the Tack corner of the sail  does anyone know what the name of this is?  I will just call it the Tack - sail pin right now. 

JTMeissner

According to Dwyer, it's a "Tack Pin with Roll Pin."  Normally it comes with the Gooseneck Casting, but they do have it separately available.

No. Part       Description            Price
1   CTP1       Cotter Pin             $ 0.13 
2   WSHR2      Washer                 $ 0.10 
3   SS3        Spring                 $ 0.31 
4   DH 355C    Gooseneck Casting      $20.70 
5   DH 315     Fork                   $ 9.05 
6   CLP6       Clevis Pin             $ 0.65 
7   DH 316     Universal              $ 5.46 
8   DH 4151S   Slide                  $14.56 
9   DH 2152    Tack Pin With Roll Pin $ 4.47

-Justin

ehall686

Thanks for the quick reply that was a big help.  everything that I was looking at was list of part names and numbers.  I was just going to call them up and tell them what I need.

This year is the year to put some extra bucks into the boat.  I ordered a new sail and I'm going to put on the transom ladder too.

NateD

None of the 3 used Com-Pacs that I've bought have come with that pin, all of them have just had small stainless bolts. I didn't even know I was missing something.

capt_nemo

NateD,

Don't worry, you're probably better off without it!

Similar pins on the Dwyer Gaff and Boom Goosenecks of my Sun Cat tend to work themselves loose from time to time.

capt_nemo

Bob23

I hate to be the oddball here, but I've never lost mine, it's never worked loose. I guess I'll keep it!
Bob23

ehall686

I'm surprised that we (my Dad) and I never lost it either.  The one I need replaced has a little steel nib on the end that broke off, the stainless pin is in pretty good shape.

ehall686

Just an update to finish this thread off;

I found Dwyer's web site to help anyone else out it is https://www.dwyermast.com/default.asp  and they hoked me up with the sail pin $7.00 with shipping plus it came with some extra nibs for the end that I broke off.

When I was ordering some port gaskets from http://www.com-pacyachts.com/com-pac-hutchins-profile.html  I asked about the sail pin and they would only sell the whole Gooseneck Casting so Dwyer's is the way to go on the part.

Pat M

Thanks Justin for the parts diagram.  I needed part #7 so I called Dwyer but the shipping charged seemed excessive so I called Compac and spoke to Matt.  Since I'm totally new to sailing I couldn't explain the part to him so he said to send him a photo which I did.  The part did cost a couple dollars more at ComPac but the shipping was so much less so I ended up saving about $4-5 on a small part and it was a pleasure dealing with ComPac.  Matt was very patient and helpful so they would be my first choice in the future.