a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

GOdaddy

Started by nies, March 18, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nies

What happened?..............last week when I went to the web site I went to Godaddy that said the web site was parked with them and if you paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$we coud have site back........................kept trying and finally this a.m. back to site................good to be home....................nies

atrometer

Might be your computer.  I come here every day, 2/3 times per day with no problem.  Maybe you have a virus or something.

skip1930

Down load ' AVAST ' for free [never buy anything they offer] and then do a complete scan. Put any bad files into the 'CHEST ' and you should be fine.

Billy

pretty sure there were two domains that both linked to the same site.
1. Com-Pac Owners
2. cpyoa.geekworkhosting.com

the 1st one expired but the latter is still going. I had the same problem too. Maybe an admin can chime in.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

BruceW

Billy,

I think you are correct; I had the old one linked, but the current one saved. Both came here.
Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

Vipersdad

I also use Avast and do a free renewal every year.

I have not had any issues with the site.

V.
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984

Tim Gardner

Both domains will eventually get you here, the old site points one here, while the other, if you add/index, takes you directly here.  In 2010 or 11 we had a serious hack and virus attack that put the old site Out of business for a while.  That's why we don't have a "gallery" any longer.  Hence photobucket.  I have retrieved most of the salient photos from the old site (believe me, not an easy task) and they can be viewed on the association"s photobucket account.

Hope this helps explain things,

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

skip1930

We have an Associates Photobucket account?

Any clue where?