a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Oooh, the Perseverence sure is purty!

Started by thedavo, May 04, 2006, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedavo

Stumbled across Alec Hart's boat today while working four doors away from his home. I first saw a mast of a sailboat poking up from a boat in the canal on an empty lot. I thought "hmmm, looks like a CP 27 stick. So I drove up and alas it was not a CP 27 but an Irwin 10/4. While I was sitting there remembering a time when I crewed on a 10/4, my gaze went to a vessel next door behind a home and there she layed. Alec Hart's boat! That was a funny moment seeing how I was hoping to see a CP27 when I actually was looking at the 10/4 and the CP27 was right next door. Knocked on the door, no answer, but couldn't resist a trespass for a closer look. What a pretty vessel! Can't wait til mine is in that shape! By the way Alec, if that fancy stern pulpit with the built in seats turns up missing, you will know where to look!
You must come for a look at the backstay arrangement I have. A couple more blocks and you will be dialed in. I ran mine up and down both of the stays that go to each transom corner so to have a little more even pull towards the centerline of the boat when tensioned.  Also, the bail underneath the boom where you have your mainsheet attached I believe is for the reef attachment point. Try the bail that is forward of the one you are using and you will find your mainsheet will be more vertical. Looking forward to meeting you so we can talk CP sometime. Dave.

Alec Hart

Hey Dave!  Sorry we missed you - Went up Nort to Wisconsin for a few days (was wondering where that Irwin went - you didn't sail off in her did you!?)  Funny you should mention the mainsheet position - I've been looking at that for a while now thinking it was in the wrong bail... Great minds think alike I guess.  I'll have to stop by now - and see where my sternrail seats are going to end up : o )  I didn't figure I needed much purchase on the backstay - and my arrangement has been working (the little I've had chance to use it) Curious how you have yours configured... maybe over this up-coming long-weekend...

Get the word out about this purty boat... she's for sale...

thedavo

Alec, A fella by the name David Barnicoat (in the white pages) is looking for a CP 27 or a Watkins 27. He lives here right in Cape Coral.  He used to own a smaller CP that was moored at the yacht club. He kept in real nice shape so  you can be assured you would be sending Perseverance to a good home. Dave.

Alec Hart

Thanks, I'll look up David and see if he'd like to come take a ride.  If we do sell her, we'll probably move into a Sun Cat - so we're not leaving the Hutchens family!

And funny you should mention the new home.  It matters doesn't it?  Really is why we're selling, Perseverance isn't getting the use she deserves... ahh such is life.