a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Garmin 547xs Chartplotter/Sounder

Started by Vipersdad, April 15, 2013, 01:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vipersdad

The 547xs chartplotter/sounders are now available.  Putting in my order later today.  Includes both Coastal and Inland Maps and accepts the g2 Vision chips.  The chips are pricey but there is a rebate on up to two of them.

V.
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984

wes

Excellent - I love my 546. Checked the price at thegpsstore.com, then called Worst Marine and made them match it. That felt pretty good.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Greene

My West Marine no longer does the price match deal on any item.

Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

wes

Interesting - I just checked the web site and no longer see any mention of the price match policy. Wonder if they quietly did away with the whole program. That's one more reason not to order from them. I use my local WM for emergencies only. Nice folks in the store, but the pricing is terrible. I order 99% of my stuff from Defender. Much better prices, faster shipping, and excellent service. They are usually happy to do special orders from any manufacturer they normally represent.

My wife bought me a Weems & Plath watch for Christmas, from Defender. It was a closeout item. It was defective out of the box, and Defender had no more in stock so couldn't replace it. But they called up Weems & Plath and bludgeoned the factory in sending me a new replacement directly. That's good customer service.

Wes
Bath, North Carolina

marc

West Marine will still price match but the store you are matching against must be brick & mortar & be located within 50 miles of the West Marine store from where you are making your purchase. I think they started this new policy March 1st. I learned this when I went to West Marine in mid March with my Defender catalogue in hand. The store I was in was about 100+ miles from Defender. They said if I wanted to, I could travel to a store closer to Defender and make my purchases there to get a price match.
Marc

wes

Bath, North Carolina