a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suncats for sale

Started by steve brown, March 24, 2013, 05:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve brown

The Sail Boat Shop in Skaneateles, NY have two suncats for sale in stock. A 2012 and a 2002. They also are dealer for Compac. Nice people to deal with as I bought my new Suncat from them. Can't wait for May 1st to put in. fair winds to all. Steve

capt_nemo

steve,

Congratulations on joining the Sun Cat Family.

Best wishes for you and the new boat!

capt_nemo

kickingbug1

hey nemo does that orange jib make her sail to weather better. ive decided that one day i will replace my 16 with either an eclipse of a suncat  for more cabin space.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Craig

Ditto the Sailboat Shop! Bought our Suncat, Cattitude from John. Great guy to deal with. Would have bought our Horizon Cat from him if Skaneateles wasn't so far away from Punta Gorda(We were living in CNY when we bought Cattitude).
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

capt_nemo

kickingbug1,

Can't really comment about "better to weather", but it sure does make a lot of difference improving boat performance (speed) in LIGHT AIR which is the primary reason for adding it along with that 4' Bowsprit.

capt_nemo

kickingbug1

if nothing else it gives the boat a cool unique look.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Eagleye

John from The Sailboat Shop in Skaneateles also brokered the deal for our Eclipse last year.  He sold it new to the original owner.  We struck up a great deal and he is quite the "character".  :)
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42