a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Pulled the boat

Started by MacGyver, October 04, 2012, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Pulled her out today to start the many projects so we can launch earlier this next year.

Very few issues, Did find though that she got caught on the mid roller, then the last roller.
Had my wife stand at the back of the boat to help to tilt the boat up in the front, then I pushed the bow upwards and cranked at the same time.
Kinda a pain in the A$$ but it all worked out.

Plan to add 4 more rollers so it is a solid set of rollers so it wont happen again.

DIDNT HAVE TO USE THE EXTENSION!! YAY!   ;D

I accidently welded some parts incorrectly on the extension so I really didn't want to use it anyway.

She sits proudly in the driveway waiting to goto my friends shop for the winter! :D

Even better, the wife and I didn't even argue at all during the entire time! YAY!   :o 8) ;) ;D
Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Billy

That is one of the reasons I switched from rollers to a board. But I never thought about adding more rollers though. When I bought the boat the front two were bent pretty bad. After a trip to the factory for some spare parts I noticed that they put the boards on the new boats trailers, so that's what I did instead of just replacing the two old rollers.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-