Previous topic - Next topic

mas857

Just started looking for a Suncat.
The closer to Melbourne, FL the better.
Mark
mas857 [at] gmail [dot] com

capt_nemo

Mark,

I have a well maintained 2010 Sun Cat with cabin and dark green hull on a trailer located in Port Charlotte, Florida.

Really love my boat, but do you think you could make me an offer that I just couldn't refuse?

Just kidding of course. Best wishes in your quest to find a Sun Cat!

capt_nemo

tmorgan

There are several listed at GI Sails in Punta Gorda. http://www.puntagordayachtbrokers.com/
good luck, it is a great boat.

mas857

Thanks Capt Nemo for the offer, its a beauty! I think that I will pop down sometime and check out GI sails if no other leads turn up!

capt_nemo

mas857,

Let me know when you are coming over to our side. Perhaps we can get together for a short visit to just chat about boats in general or the Sun Cat in particular!

Send me a Personal Message thru this forum or use my e-mail contact info.

capt_nemo

bfelton

Captain Nemo,
I thought you were kidding about selling your boat; it is hard to believe you'd part with her.  Or do you have your eye on another vessel?

Bert

capt_nemo

Bert,

Was just kidding.

Still happy with "Frisky" and becoming more so with the addition of my mods to the Rig and Interior.

P.S. My eyes are always open for other small vessels, especially those that really strike my "traditional" and "old fashioned" fancy! Guess I'm just a Gaff Rig Nut!

capt_nemo

mas857

Capt Nemo,
I'll send a personal message when I can make it down next month. I'm new to sailing and the Suncat and and any help would be quite welcome!
Mark

capt_nemo

Mark,

Personal message will work fine.

capt_nemo

ChumleysRest

Hi Mark,

Watching the listings, and with a trip to Florida and another trip to Cape Cod, we finally found our 2002 Sun Cat in March of this year after an eight-month search. We're delighted with the boat! I've been sailing for 40 years and have owned 8 sailboats ranging from 11 to 31 feet prior to "Catawampus". Admittedly, most of the others were faster. Some of them had more cabin space. But many of them were also much more work and more worry. The Sun Cat really allows the "coolness" to get into my vertebrae! She is a delight to sail and at other times sits on her trailer under her tarp patiently waiting for our next adventure (with clean topsides and no algae growing or blisters developing on her bottom). She is a very comfortable boat with cockpit space for four adults, and adequate cabin space for a couple to overnite. My wife and I have slept happily at anchor multiple times this summer. Wishing you the best of luck with your search and I hope you are as happy as we are after you finally find her! One note of caution: be prepared to answer lots of questions about your "cute little boat" that most people admire but do not recognize - that's part of the fun too!

sjaffess

Quote from: ChumleysRest on October 09, 2012, 12:31:31 AM
Hi Mark,

Watching the listings, and with a trip to Florida and another trip to Cape Cod, we finally found our 2002 Sun Cat in March of this year after an eight-month search. We're delighted with the boat! I've been sailing for 40 years and have owned 8 sailboats ranging from 11 to 31 feet prior to "Catawampus". Admittedly, most of the others were faster. Some of them had more cabin space. But many of them were also much more work and more worry. The Sun Cat really allows the "coolness" to get into my vertebrae! She is a delight to sail and at other times sits on her trailer under her tarp patiently waiting for our next adventure (with clean topsides and no algae growing or blisters developing on her bottom). She is a very comfortable boat with cockpit space for four adults, and adequate cabin space for a couple to overnite. My wife and I have slept happily at anchor multiple times this summer. Wishing you the best of luck with your search and I hope you are as happy as we are after you finally find her! One note of caution: be prepared to answer lots of questions about your "cute little boat" that most people admire but do not recognize - that's part of the fun too!

sjaffess

Hi Chumley   -  Did you. buy that dark hulled Suncat on Cape Cod.  I took a look at it last year in Eastham.  It looked pretty nice.  I have a 2002 Suncat Daysailor that I keep on Lake Weir near Ocala.  Heading down there in a few weeks.  It's getting too cold and windy up on Cape Cod.  Happy sailing.  Steve

cavie

Steve, Are you bringing your boat to the Nationals in Nov?

ChumleysRest

Thanks guys!  I didn't buy the dark hulled Sun Cat on Cape Cod.  I bought the light hull near Hyannis.  Based on her hull number and my limited cognitive abilities, I think she's 2002 Sun Cat #105. 

I would really like to come down from Central SC to the Nationals this year, (please excuse me for whining), but due to my other sailing expenditures over the past couple of years, (mainly a poor judgement big boat purchase followed by a sale at a loss - plus a failed trip to Florida chasing the wrong Sun Cat), and a desire to maintain some semblance of domestic tranquility, (if you know what I mean), I will probably have to, very reluctantly, postpone my Nationals participation until next year. 
Catawampus lives on her trailer too much of the time.  I'm still a few years from retirement and I'm promising her more frequent adventures.  Envying all of Y'all who will be at the Nationals this year! I sincerely hope to join you next year!

Forgive me for stealing inspired ideas, but would anyone be interested in Sun Cat Regionals on Lake Murray, SC?  Perhaps March of 2013, before our temperatures get nasty...

capt_nemo

WOW, Sun Cat Regionals on Lake Murray, SC in March 2013!

What dates are you thinking about, and are there any RV Parks close to where it might take place?

capt_nemo