a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

fixing forum message width

Started by larrymelka, November 19, 2005, 03:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrymelka

To site admin. We may have a problem with the width of the question and response area of our site. before i got my current larger monitor i had to scroll left and right to read each line of the forum. if this is still a problem it could explain our much lower rate of postings compared to the yahoo site. i remember this being a very annoying problem. it was discussed once many months ago but all the suggestions were aimed at fixing the users settings. this may not be a user problem but rather a formatting of the site as it is sent to all users. thus users with smaller screens may be very discouraged from reading and posting by this problem which may not be evident on 17" and larger monitors.
I am posting this because i really enjoy the exchanges here, have learned a lot,  and want this site to flourish
Larry

crbakdesign

Thanks Larry,

I know that CaptK uses a laptop aboard his boat to connect nowadays.  But maybe at a higher resolution.  I'm working at a 1024 x 768 pixel screen setting.  I'm going to let him look into this and see what the default width setting is for the forum.

C

CaptK

Hi Larry -

I am looking at the site using a 800 pixel width resolution, and not having any side scrolling to do.

Last week, however, the logo in the upper right corner was longer, which caused the site to have to be side scrolled (which I hate as much as you do! :) ).

Because of that, I modified the logo Thursday-ish of last week, so that it would stop causing that effect.

You are still seeing it, still having to side scroll?

Anyone else seeing this still? If so, I'll look into the issue more. IIRC, the software should adjust the site out to adapt to larger resolutions, I am not sure if it does the same for smaller ones...
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Anonymous

Thanks for checking in to this. No, I am not having this problem since I upgraded to a larger monitor. So I can't tell if it's fixed for the smaller screen, sorry.
as a seperate issue I had to reregister to get a password to work. Could one of you please reset my entry date to my old one. i am the same larry Melka. with and without the space between my names. also please erase my old membership or do whatever you need to, to leave only one of me as a member. Thanks
Larry

crbakdesign

Larry,

You are all set. Your userID is larrymelka, one word.  :)