Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

No More Fouled Sheets

Started by EclipseGuy, September 25, 2012, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

John,

I like your explanation of the shrouds, Before I had made any adjustment to them the leeward side would "dance on its own". I think that's a perfect description.

Now the lee ward side is taught just enough that their is no dancing and yet not taught like a string on an instrument.

I like sailing in 10 - 15 mph winds but some times I've been in 20. I don't piratically care for the strong winds as it seems to be more work for me and the pleasurable sail is now challenging.

I think I will let my shrouds stay at their current setting for a while or until I find a better reason to change them.

I too do not like any shock too the mast, shrouds or other structures of the boat, it should all be in tuned with each other.

Glenn B.

EclipseGuy

-Berad

Yes, it is the Coleman Partystacker, 33 quart. In my case I chose what they list as gray, but is actually brown.

It fits perfectly under the filler. I put felt on the bottom of the cooler so that I can slide it in and out as needed. It has a flat top with a lid so it doubles as a little table down below.

The Partystacker doesn't have much for insulation, so ice doesn't last long at all. When there are just two of us, which is most of the time, I don't bring the center filler piece and I use a different cooler that has better thermal properties. Unfortunately the better insulated coolers do not fit such that the filler can be put in place, but that doesn't matter to me when we have just the two of us.

In the image above you can see that I also installed larger cup holders (the two aft ones).

It was driving me crazy that I couldn't fit a can with a koozie, or a large cup or mug in the cup holders. The ledge where the cup holders are located is more narrow as you move forward, and wider as you move aft, so I decided to increase the size of the cup holders that are aft, and leave the forward ones stock. This way it looks more natural and the size of the cup holders fits the lines of the ledge.

- John
'Dragonfly' 2009 Com-Pac Eclipse

beradthefish

John- that was helpful- thank you!

Glenn Basore

Hey John,

I ordered and received the parts you provided on the links however I do not see what size bolt you used for the eye pad.

I'm guessing you drilled through the top through the interior cabin roof, not sure how long the through bolts should be?

Glenn B.

EclipseGuy

Sorry for a very late reply. I haven't been on the forums much lately. I don't know if you have already done this project.

I took the parts into the store and test fitted the bolts to find the ones that fit in the parts the best. I then purchased very long versions of those bolts, much longer than needed, because I planned to cut them to just the right length.

I then put the bolts through the fittings and through the holes that I drilled in the cabin roof, and through a washer, and then I marked them from the underside so that I knew where to cut them. The goal was to have just enough of the bolt showing through so that an acorn nut would fit just right.

'Dragonfly' 2009 Com-Pac Eclipse

Glenn Basore

Eclipse guy,

Thanks, that makes sense to me know.

I sure could have used this set up while I was sailing at the lake Havasu event, I had my crew busy freeing the jib lines from that pesty hang up!

I was actually thinking too of perhaps using a small plastic bucket. By cutting a slot on one side of the bucket it could be pried open and sleeved around the mast  preventing any hang ups. A 6 inch PVC pipe could work too I think

Glenn

skip1930

The Eclipse looks well sorted out.
The weldments look impressive.

skip.