Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Jib Lines

Started by Glenn Basore, August 15, 2012, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

Hi all,

Its been a while since I had my boat out and I cant remember if the jib lines ran on the inside of the shrouds or outside the shrouds?  seems to me I had tried both ways.

I need to replace them as they are showing signs of chafing.

Glenn

skip1930

I'm thinking the sheets for the head sail is on the outside of everything...even though my owners manual for a CP-19 show 'tween' the two shrouds making up the standing rigging on port and starboard sides.

skip.

Eagleye

Hi Glenn,
On my Eclipse the jib sheets run from the jib clew inside the shroud to the spring loaded genoa block then to the cam cleat.  If the sheets were on the outside of the shroud the lazy sheet would drag acutely around the shroud.

Get her back in the water soon, Glenn!
Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

EclipseGuy

When I have my headsail reefed I run my sheets inside the shrouds and move the blocks forward.

When I have full headsail I run the sheets outside the shrouds and move the blocks aft.

- John
'Dragonfly' 2009 Com-Pac Eclipse

Eagleye

Quote from: EclipseGuy on August 16, 2012, 09:09:57 AM
When I have my headsail reefed I run my sheets inside the shrouds and move the blocks forward.

When I have full headsail I run the sheets outside the shrouds and move the blocks aft.

- John

Hmmmm?  I will certainly give that a try this weekend.
Thanks,
Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Glenn Basore

Thanks all,

I seem to recall moving my gibe lines to the out side of the shrouds because they seemed to be impaired by the shrouds under some conditions.

I think my blocks ? (the ones you can move on the track) are about the 4 or 5 hole from the end closest to the cockpit. I haven't moved them, always just left them where they were when I bought the boat.

Should these be moved to differnet hole locations when sailing?

Glenn